Windows 10: Random programs coming upp on my task bar

Discus and support Random programs coming upp on my task bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 2 days ago maybe 3 i was home and the power went out and after the power got back on i turned on my computer, and it started updating. I was confused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erik Schiring, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Random programs coming upp on my task bar

2 days ago maybe 3 i was home and the power went out and after the power got back on i turned on my computer, and it started updating. I was confused but didnt think much bout it. After it was done i got a feeling that i needed to look at the task bar. I looked and saw hundreds of random programs that were using up alot of my memory and cpu. Then it started to stop using up the cpu but the memory was still being used by some random programs. I wanna get rid of them but im scared to take away some that might be important. I don´t know how long this has been but i want it fixed. This probably ha

:)

Erik Schiring, Apr 13, 2024

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Random programs coming upp on my task bar

Unable to reopen programs from the task bar

Hi Rob,

For us to narrow down your concern with reopening your programs from the task bar, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Random programs coming upp on my task bar

1. Random programs coming upp on my task bar - Similar Threads - Random programs coming

2. Random programs coming upp on my task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random programs coming upp on my task bar: 2 days ago maybe 3 i was home and the power went out and after the power got back on i turned on my computer, and it started updating. I was confused but didnt think much bout it. After it was done i got a feeling that i needed to look at the task bar. I looked and saw...
  3. When I look down my task bar comes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I look down my task bar comes up: When I look down In any game my taskbar comes up. I’ve tried so many “fixes”but none have worked. I’ve tried in fullscreen mode too and it still does it...
  4. Randomly highlighted task search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Randomly highlighted task search bar: Recently, I've encountered an issue where the search bar in the taskbar will randomly highlight itself. If you move the mouse over it, it goes away pretty quickly, but it gets really annoying to constantly be moving your mouse over it in order to get it to stop lighting up....
  5. Program bar randomly appears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program bar randomly appears: Whenever I watch YouTube on my HP Pavillion or Netflix the progress bar randomly pop up on its on without me touching the mouse has anybody ever heard this problem before...
  6. Why do my programs open in the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my programs open in the task bar: Since the last update I select my programs in the start menu by right clicking on them and when they start they appear in the task bar and I have click on the to open the programs, please can you tell me how to go back to the old way. My version is 2004 ( O/S build 19041.508)...
  7. Program on task bar

Program on task bar: HI, I have particular program will not open from the task bar. When launched it goes straight to the task bar. Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-on-task-bar/d51643d1-6b60-47f7-9f13-4f5e21c215bd
  8. Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen: [ATTACH] The below just started happening this morning. Anyone have any suggestions? I have googled and tried a number of things, but it still is just blank. In task manager, Details, SearchUI.exe is running (though it changes to suspended). File Explorer searches work...
  9. circles on task bar opening programs

circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...
  10. Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.

Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.: I have program Voice Metter Banana and it used to work but one day it stop showing when i click on it on task bar. I searched forums and find some tips like maybe its 1px*1px so i should try to maximize the window but this program does not support this feature could any...