Windows 10: Random programs will not open in Windows 10

Discus and support Random programs will not open in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a situation where a lot of my programs will not open, or rather, they open in the background and use resources, but will not launch. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ARCWuLF, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ARCWuLF Win User

Random programs will not open in Windows 10

I have a situation where a lot of my programs will not open, or rather, they open in the background and use resources, but will not launch. This doesn't happen with all programs, but I've noticed it happening with Logitech Web Cam software, Telegram, and Star Wars Battlefront (the original, not the new one). Most irritatingly, however, Dropbox will not start or sync.

I did manage to get it working again after using the information provided by another forum (link here), but it was a temporary solution -- it stopped working again the very next time I booted up my machine and hasn't worked again since.

This is not a compatibility issue, as I've run the troubleshooter multiple times, the Windows 10 troubleshooter doesn't seem to fix anything, and I REALLY, REALLY DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO REINSTALL WINDOWS and have to download nearly a terabyte of programs over my crummy DSL connection.

:)

ARCWuLF, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Random programs will not open in Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Random programs will not open in Windows 10

1. Random programs will not open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random programs open

2. Programs randomly opens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs randomly opens: In this past week programs have randomly been opening and reopening out of no where, I ran a windows security full scan and it found nothing, deleted all files I had downloaded that week and it still happened, anyone know what the issue can be?[Original Title: Windows Issue]...
  3. Windows 10 Programs not Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Programs not Opening: Whenever I try to open any of the windows 10 inbuilt programs like settings or system it just goes to the blue screen like it's loading the program but never opens. In the event view I get theseError:The program SystemSettings.exe version 10.0.19041.1320 stopped interacting...
  4. Programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  5. Programs not opening in Windows 10

Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  6. Kindle desktop program randomly opening by itself on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kindle desktop program randomly opening by itself on Windows 10: Any solution to this? I've had this issue for more than a year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-desktop-program-randomly-opening-by-itself/c3bd0913-ce66-4073-945f-ef2432e8967c
  7. Windows 10 randomly shuts down programs immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down programs immediately after opening: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 10.0.18363.900 64-bit. When opening a program, some seem to open correctly at first, but then hang and immediately shut down; there are no error messages. Some apps work fine though. Crashing apps so far are: Notepad, Acrobat Pro,...
  8. Programs Not Opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Not Opening in Windows 10: When I switched on my W10 PC this morning, 23rd February, I could not start programs e.g. Chrome, Thunderbird, File Explorer or even Autoroute!, whether from the Task Bar or from the Desktop. All that could be seen to happen was that Night Light went off briefly then...
  9. Programs opening randomly.

Programs opening randomly.: Hey! I'm new here and tried to research this before coming here. My Windows 10 Home laptop has been randomly opening apps , oddly enough. It isn't really any of the pre-installed apps. Its mostly Discord or Skype (which I use often and randomly closes for unknown reasons.)...
  10. Programs open randomly on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open randomly on startup: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these programs can range from programs that have the option to start on startup such as Hotspot Shield VPN, but in a few instances...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows random programs fail to open

2. windows 10 will not open programs

3. windows 10 opening random programs

4. windows 10 program will not open,
  5. programs not opening windows 10