Windows 10: Random programs will open without being asked

Discus and support Random programs will open without being asked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am asking for my younger brother, but his AlienWare has a problem with opening random programs, killing his processing power. Furthermore, he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MalikiaG, Mar 24, 2019.

1. MalikiaG Win User

Random programs will open without being asked

Hello, I am asking for my younger brother, but his AlienWare has a problem with opening random programs, killing his processing power. Furthermore, he has 684 GB of memory, and it is getting used up by something we can't find in his files. Is there a command line we can use to find it? And how do we stop these programs from opening?

:)

MalikiaG, Mar 24, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 24, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random programs will open without being asked

Windows10 keeps launching programs at random

Which programs are launching at random? Are you accidentally pressing g a keypad on your keyboard for example? If these programs are opening at startup that's an easy fix.

You would just hit ctrl+alt+delete and then click task manager then startup and then disable the apps you want to stop loading when windows starts up.

I hope this helps. You're apps should not be opening randomly unless you specifically asked them to do so.

Another thing you can try is to stop the task from opening but l will help you with that if my previous suggestions dont work!

EvanFleming, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Random programs will open without being asked

1. Random programs will open without being asked - Similar Threads - Random programs open

2. BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked: I am very angry. Today I went to access a 6TB external drive like almost every day, but suddenly can't because bitlocker hasencrypted the entire drive? I have never used bitlocker in my life and I live alone. I am extremely unhappy right now and didNOT do this. I want someone...
  3. BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked: I am very angry. Today I went to access a 6TB external drive like almost every day, but suddenly can't because bitlocker hasencrypted the entire drive? I have never used bitlocker in my life and I live alone. I am extremely unhappy right now and didNOT do this. I want someone...
  4. Programs randomly opens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs randomly opens: In this past week programs have randomly been opening and reopening out of no where, I ran a windows security full scan and it found nothing, deleted all files I had downloaded that week and it still happened, anyone know what the issue can be?[Original Title: Windows Issue]...
  5. i cant install this program without being an administer

i cant install this program without being an administer: hey there dudes and dude-ets … i recently just installed the free version of "Avid Pro Tools" which is a DAWDigital Audio Workstation and although pro tools is1 of the best DAWs on the market these days, the free version pro tools first does not come with any drum or MIDI...
  6. Documents folder opening without being requested

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents folder opening without being requested: I just did the most recent Windows 10 update and now my documents folder keeps opening up about every minute. AFter 30 minutes, I will have 30 tabs of the documents folder open, which I have to close individually. Is anyone having this problem and can offer a fix to...
  7. Programs opening randomly.

Programs opening randomly.: Hey! I'm new here and tried to research this before coming here. My Windows 10 Home laptop has been randomly opening apps , oddly enough. It isn't really any of the pre-installed apps. Its mostly Discord or Skype (which I use often and randomly closes for unknown reasons.)...
  8. Programs open randomly on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open randomly on startup: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these programs can range from programs that have the option to start on startup such as Hotspot Shield VPN, but in a few instances...
  9. Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10: I'm using windows 10 on a desktop. In the last few months, it has started popping up a dialog saying that my credentials are incorrect and I need to inter my microsoft password. However, if I simply alt tab away or escape out of the dialog I can continue with what I was...
  10. Streaming programs randomly close without warning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming programs randomly close without warning?: After this major features update for windows from the April 2018 Update. It seems like all streaming programs from Xsplit, GameDVR, and OBS just randomly close without warning or real error....