Windows 10: RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

Discus and support RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SHOOT2THRILL, Jan 28, 2019.

1. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled as well, everything else stays on.

I have to go to back of my pc and turn it off at the power supply and turn it on again to get the screen back and my power and reset buttons back then rinse and repeat all over again. Sometimes my desktop pc just randomly reboots instead of the monitor going dark.

Real pain in the ars. My pc is a custom build and everything is new except the monitor, I had someone with a brand new monitor plug it into my pc and his screen went dark also so it is not my monitor.

My System

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Ryzon 5 1600

ASUS B350-F MB (Brand New)

ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 8GB (Brand New)

Thermaltake Toughguard Gold 650 watt Sync edition (Brand New)

Samsung 250 GB Eco 860 SSD

Brand New monitor cable

:)

SHOOT2THRILL, Jan 28, 2019

2. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Jan 28, 2019
  3. computer screen goes dark

Unfortunately my computer won't stay on long enough to try the suggestion. It just goes dark with no warning, can't get it to stay on for more than about 5 minutes.

kimhawkeye, Jan 28, 2019
  4. cipherism Win User

RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

Random Reboot with No BSOD

Like this ?

RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK [​IMG]

And also, i am getting a strange BSOD when i'm trying to quit BIOS, like this

But after that, my PC went normal. I dont know if its related to the problem
    No
    Here is the list of drivers/software updates

The only drivers that changes before the crash is SAMSUNG, i dont think i ever used it though.

Replace my old Samsung monitor with BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 and have no BIOS changes

cipherism, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

1. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK - Similar Threads - RANDOM REBOOT MONITOR

2. Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times: This happens all the time, either my taskbar would go dark at random, and occasionally the window that's open right now too, and it also only happens on my main monitorIt isnt a fault with my GPU, nor did this ever happen on Windows 10 and the first few weeks of having...
  3. Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen goes dark at random times: This happens all the time, either my taskbar would go dark at random, and occasionally the window that's open right now too, and it also only happens on my main monitorIt isnt a fault with my GPU, nor did this ever happen on Windows 10 and the first few weeks of having...
  4. laptop screen goes dark randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop screen goes dark randomly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with a Ryzen 3 3250u, VEGA 3 graphics, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. I have had to repair the laptop from a crash about 2 months ago which required me to reinstall windows 10. Last night, I was browsing a website and my secondary monitor went green and my...
  5. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  6. Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes dark for a few seconds: Bought this desktop recently, not even 2 weeks ago and this monitor was bought about 1 month and a week ago, so they are both quite fresh equipments Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Hexa Core ASROCK Phantom RX 580 8GB ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING 8GB 2x4 RAM CL16 Ballistix 2400 Mhz...
  7. Primary monitor randomly goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary monitor randomly goes black: Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only...
  8. Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time: My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??
  9. Tv-Monitor reboots randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tv-Monitor reboots randomly: Hi everyone, for a month or so I have a samsung tv-monitor (27 TV monitor with the blue Touch of Colour (Black) (LT27D390EW/XU) | Support | SAMSUNG UK ) . Problem is that sometimes (rarely tbh -like once a day) the monitor reboots itself (the screen for 1 sec turns black in...
  10. Monitor randomly goes to "No Signal"

Monitor randomly goes to "No Signal": I just got a new computer built and got a new monitor along with it but a problem has arose. I can use the computer but when something that required a lot of RAM or just a lot of priority to open for example "Steam" the software in which you can download games and such...