Windows 10: Random Reboot when Casting Web Content

Discus and support Random Reboot when Casting Web Content in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll be watching JoJo on 9anime, cast the webpage it to my Chromecast and fullscreen it (casting just the player doesn't work), then within 30 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Supra, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Supra Win User

Random Reboot when Casting Web Content

I'll be watching JoJo on 9anime, cast the webpage it to my Chromecast and fullscreen it (casting just the player doesn't work), then within 30 minutes the screen will freeze for a few seconds then the system will reboot. It only happens when casting the webpage. It doesn't seem to be related to my GPU undervolt - changed it to 'Power Save' in the Radeon settings and it still crashed - doesn't seem to be driver related - happens on 19.9.3 and 19.11.1 - my system is otherwise stable.
    I don't know if an XML of the event would be helpful, but I'm not sure what tool to use otherwise as it isn't a BSOD.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-26T16:58:32.330087500Z" />

<EventRecordID>84048</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Greyscale</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Supra, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Cast to device

I only run into issues like this if I oversaturate my receiver (or even the server) with a bunch of random Cast-To requests. I find that it pays to be patient, and not queue up 600 video files that are being streamed via UPNP server. I've watched the media
    server become "saturated" with requests for reencoding that it must "process" out, despite having cleanly exited the "Cast To" play list. I'm referring to Windows Explorer & Windows Media Player "Cast To", as Movie & TV App is only going to allow one file
    at a time to be casted.

I often find myself doing a "clean sweep", meaning restarting client first, then the server if it still acts wonky. I haven't committed enough time to study the process flow to appropriately "end task" processes that are getting sluggish with my unreasonable
    demands.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Random Reboot when Casting Web Content - Similar Threads - Random Reboot Casting

2. Random reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random reboots: Why does my laptop HP ENVY 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-ep1000 322X3AV randomly restart after installing new firmare - hp firmware update windows 11 03-Oct-23 15.16.0.0 oem111.inf?...
  3. Random reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random reboots: Hello there,For quite some time now, I have been having randoms reboots on my computer. Today I tried running the Driver Verifier tool, to see if it was a driver that was causing it, and although it returned several DMP files afterwards, the reboots persist. In Event Viewer I...
  4. Random Reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Reboots: Its been a few months of this and I have tried everything but my computer randomly reboots it doesn't matter what its doing, could be asleep, sitting on the log in screen, downloading a huge file, surfing the internet, or sitting idle doesn't matter it just randomly reboots.I...
  5. Web Browsing Content Restriction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Browsing Content Restriction: How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to wikipedia home page, not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
  6. Saving web content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving web content: How do I save a web page as a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-web-content/607aac3f-4add-43f6-b930-cc60adbdc167
  7. Random Reboot when Casting Web Content

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Reboot when Casting Web Content: I'll be watching JoJo on 9anime, cast the webpage it to my Chromecast and fullscreen it (casting just the player doesn't work), then within 30 minutes the screen will freeze for a few seconds then the system will reboot. It doesn't seem to be related to my GPU undervolt -...
  8. Microsoft content restrictions web

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft content restrictions web: Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome. what am i missing ? thanks in advance...
  9. question in relation to casting content to TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    question in relation to casting content to TV: Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided...
  10. question in relation to casting content to TV

in Windows 10 Support
    question in relation to casting content to TV: Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided...