Windows 10: Random reboots after 1809 update

Discus and support Random reboots after 1809 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bürscht, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Bürscht Win User

Random reboots after 1809 update

Hello everyone!

Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ...

After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle, when doing office work or when I'm gaming. It's totally random.

I tried removing my RAM, removed the GFX card, removed all external periphery and I even unplugged the interal cables for the front panel (USB 3.0/2.0, HD Audio).

Nothing helped!

Oh and I also made a fresh installation of Windows 10 using the media creation tool. That didn't help either!

So how am I getting rid of this bugged update after a fresh install? It's really saddening that it's still causing this much trouble after being re-released!

I really hope someone can hint me in the right direction to make my PC being usable again!

Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

:)

Bürscht, Dec 25, 2018

2. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Dec 25, 2018
  3. cipherism Win User
    Random Reboot with No BSOD

Like this ?

Random reboots after 1809 update [​IMG]

And also, i am getting a strange BSOD when i'm trying to quit BIOS, like this

But after that, my PC went normal. I dont know if its related to the problem
    No
    Here is the list of drivers/software updates

The only drivers that changes before the crash is SAMSUNG, i dont think i ever used it though.

Replace my old Samsung monitor with BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 and have no BIOS changes

cipherism, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Windows random reboot

Hi jayewaah,

There are several reasons that computers do a random reboot such as overheating, third-party programs running on the background that is causing conflicts on the system or corrupted system files.

I'd like to know the following details so I can provide the appropriate troubleshooting steps to help resolve this concern:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What antivirus program are you using?
    • Was your device overheating the moment you play games?
    • In which instance does the reboot occurs besides when playing games?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus program installed on your device?
    • Do you have any third-party programs installed recently?

For initial troubleshooting, kindly follow these steps:

• Check if there are available updates for your device by clicking on the
      Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    • Verify if there are drivers that are missing or needs update. follow the steps on
      Update drivers in Windows 10 article.
    • Check if there are blockages inside your device's components that may lead to overheating. (cooling fan)
    • Perform a clean boot on your device to isolate the issue. This will determine if there are third-party
      applications that is causing conflict on your system. This will also help you check if the performance will improve and if the reboot instances will stop.

Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Random reboots after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Random reboots 1809

2. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  3. Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot

Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot: Hi, I've been struggling to install the update, tried to clean update cache, to free up some space on my system disk, but Nothing seems to help. As it is after 2nd reboot, it might be a driver problem, but reading the logs doesn't helped, as I Don't know what to look for....
  4. After update 1809

After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  5. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809: After the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 my system has started to suddenly restart (occasionally just stops) while system is idle. Frequency of these restarts is increasing and cannot find a cause. Tried uninstalling 1809, but past 10-day limit. All security updates are...
  6. Random BSOD After October update 1809

Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  7. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  8. Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809: Hi, We rolled out 1809 in our company couple of days ago. After update I noticed annoying problem with start menu. When I hit win-key and start to type a program's name (outl..., mstsc etc) the start menu grays out and goes unresponsive. It comes back to life if I hit...
  9. 1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...

1809 error kept saying reboot after I update to 1809 and it says power saving switch...: Hello, Why is it that when I update to 1809 there's error saying power saving switch changed to graphic and it kept saying reboot, but after I reboot it, it shows the same error again and I reboot it again and the same message[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update: Hello there, I have a problem with random restarts after 1809 update. It's like black screen and after 1-2 seconds Windows restarts.Four (4) times happened after this update. I must tell you that I have never had any problems like these before. Everything was fine untill...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 auto rebooting after windows update