Windows 10: Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

Discus and support Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn't sure where this goes so I'm posting in General. My W10 machine, which I built right after Christmas 2018, is having random reboot issues that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PatrickGSR94, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

I wasn't sure where this goes so I'm posting in General. My W10 machine, which I built right after Christmas 2018, is having random reboot issues that I can't figure out. At random times the machine will reboot, and then show a black screen with the message "Invalid System Disk. Replace the Disk and Press Any Key". Pressing a key then boots W10 normally.

It's starting to become an issue because it happened last night while my son was in the middle of his distance virtual learning school work, causing him to have to re-enter answers to several questions.

I have perused the Event Logs after one of these random reboots, but I can't really seem to find anything useful that would indicate would might cause the machine to reboot. And why would it say "Invalid System Disk" and yet still boot normally?

Actually it may have USB set as a boot device before the internal nVME SSD, which would explain the Invalid System Disk if my son's school flash drive is in the machine when it boots. But that still doesn't explain the random reboots the machine is doing.

At one time I thought the power supply might be an issue, because I built the machine with a PSU from a previous build. I replaced the power supply a few months ago, but obviously that wasn't the cause because it's still happening. So aside from checking the boot order in BIOS, anything else I might check that would explain these random reboots?

Machine is currently on Win10 Pro 1909.

:)

PatrickGSR94, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Gizerjark Win User

Invalid System Disk

Iam trying to flash my video card with a different bios for my radeon 9600, i followed some tutorial and made a bootable floppy and put FlashRom and the bios in it but when i try to boot with it is says Invalid System Disk.
    Is there anyway to fix this ?
    Also my motherboard is Asus P5P800 if that would help.

Gizerjark, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

Reboot random in my PC

Hi Diego,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your random reboot concern. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the random reboot issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering a blue screen error when your computer suddenly reboots? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?

Argel Obm, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

1. Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message - Similar Threads - Random reboots Invalid

2. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system randomly rebooting: My System: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 System Manufacturer ASUS Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 3/10/2021 SMBIOS Version 3.3 Embedded...
  3. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system randomly rebooting: My System: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 System Manufacturer ASUS Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 3/10/2021 SMBIOS Version 3.3 Embedded...
  4. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random System Reboots + BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Reboots + BSOD: Usually happens after gaming. I have kept an eye on temps and have adequate cooling so it is definitely not that. The windows reliability history points to it being a hardware fault. Can anyone help with identifying the fault/faulty component?...
  6. Random System Reboots

Random System Reboots: Usually happens after gaming. I have kept an eye on temps and have adequate cooling so it is definitely not that. The windows reliability history points to it being a hardware fault. Can anyone help with identifying the fault/faulty component?...
  7. PC Randomly rebooting no error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Randomly rebooting no error message: PC Randomly restarts with no error messageHello, a few days ago I disassembled my pc to test some components I want to sell, PC worked fine a couple days until it started to randomly restart with no error message whatsoever. I did check if everything was connected properly...
  8. PC Randomly rebooting no error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly rebooting no error message: PC Randomly restarts with no error messageHello, a few days ago I disassembled my pc to test some components I want to sell, PC worked fine a couple days until it started to randomly restart with no error message whatsoever. I did check if everything was connected properly...
  9. PC Randomly rebooting no error message

10. Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message: I wasn't sure where this goes so I'm posting in General. My W10 machine, which I built right after Christmas 2018, is having random reboot issues that I can't figure out. At random times the machine will reboot, and then show a black screen with the message "Invalid System...