Windows 10: Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash

Discus and support Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Supernaturlis, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash

A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any indications of a crash such as dump files that I'm aware of. In Event Viewer I get a lot of 6008 and 41 Event IDs for unexpected shutdowns and reboots "without cleanly shutting down first" but other than that nothing I could see was out of the ordinary.

I concluded that perhaps this was a hardware issue as many threads online seemed to indicate so I booted the PC in Safe Mode to see if the random reboots persisted. The PC ran in safe mode for 5 days straight and then 9 days straight in two separate tests with absolutely no reboots. In my attempt to fix the issue I have reset Windows and deleted all files, I reinstalled drivers one by one and thought I had fixed the issue as the reboots stopped for 4 or 5 days but a few days ago the random reboots started again. I thought for awhile I had pinpointed the issue as graphics driver problems so I completely uninstalled all graphics drivers and then installed the newest Nvidia driver but the reboots have persisted. My Windows installation is also completely up to date.

Please help me, this issue is slowly driving me to madness.

:)

Supernaturlis, Jul 29, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. axe0 Win User
    Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

There are a few different situations you could call crashes.
    • A BSOD crash,
    • A system freeze,
    • A reboot or shutdown.

Which of them do you mean?
    In the BSOD section we only help with BSOD crashes, for the other crashes you need to be at another section of the forum.

4. diznanl Win User

Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

Attachment 162250

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash

1. Random reboots for months now, no BSOD or indication of a crash - Similar Threads - Random reboots months

2. Random BSOD Reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD Reboots: Recently, my PC has started having random BSOD reboots. Sometimes these happen when the PC is not being used, so I'm assuming it's some sort of background process causing them. A few months back there was an issue with Norton Antivirus. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and...
  3. Random reboot and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboot and BSODs: Hello, I built my system last november. It runs very well except for the occasional BSOD and sudden reboot. These have been happening since I've built it. I can't remember when it started, but it was very early. These days, though, they are getting very frequent at about a...
  4. BSOD on and off for months now

BSOD on and off for months now: I built a pc late last year and have been having on and off BSOD issues. Specs are Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3070 FE, Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3600, ASUS TUF X570 Pro, Western Digital Black 500 gb nvme, Western Digital 2 tb hdd, and EVGA supernova 750 GT. My original build had a...
  5. random BSOD since months

random BSOD since months: Hy everybody, First of all sorry for my english. I bought all the pc parts around half year ago. I got a lot of difference BSOD. *Sad I am not an expert in this things, but i really frustrated. some BSod error i got: Unexpected kernel mode trap driven overrun stack buffer...
  6. Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash

Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash: A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any indications of a crash such as dump files that I'm aware of. In Event Viewer I get a lot of 6008 and 41 Event IDs for unexpected...
  7. Random Reboot with No BSOD

Random Reboot with No BSOD: So for a couple of months ago, my house is having a short power outage problem that happens quite frequently when I'm playing games. I have a UPS for 2 years to handle a sudden power outage and it usually works well. But unfortunately, the game that I play a lot right now...
  8. Random BSOD Reboots

Random BSOD Reboots: Hello! I have been trying to work on an older Asus K52f laptop that has been having BSOD issues for a while now. I have been unable to find a link to what triggers the BSOD so any help would be awesome. Thank you! Attachment 72724Attachment 72724 46003
  9. Random BSOD for the last month

Random BSOD for the last month: Hey Guys, My PC keeps randomly BSODing mainly from DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 00000000`00000000. Have tried different GPU & RAM. Have even done a fresh install to no avail any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 75875
  10. Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.: Hi Everyone, Really having some annoying problems ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64. I play a variety of video games but most recently I've been playing Diablo 3 and for some reason my computer randomly crashes and restarts in the middle...