Windows 10: Random reboots with no dump file created

Discus and support Random reboots with no dump file created in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem is my computer randomly reboots out of nowhere. It happens both while gaming and while mostly idle. The frequency is around once a day or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arthandas, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Arthandas Win User

Random reboots with no dump file created

The problem is my computer randomly reboots out of nowhere. It happens both while gaming and while mostly idle. The frequency is around once a day or two. It began around a week ago when I switched from HDD to SDD and performed a clean Windows install. I don't know if it's SDD related but it's the only recent change to my hardware and I never had this problem before.

I checked the event viewer and it always looks the same: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

There's no dump file and I have no idea what's causing this. I disabled "automatically restart" in the startup & recovery tab and now the computer freezes instead of rebooting. I also changed "automatic memory dump" to "kernel memory dump" and set the page file size to automatic but there's still no dump.

I ran chkdsk and system file checker and there are no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Windows version is 1909 (18363.657).

:)

Arthandas, Feb 27, 2020
  2. garyinhere, Feb 27, 2020
  3. dig0 Win User
    BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

4. Random reboots with no dump file created

Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Random reboots with no dump file created

1. Random reboots with no dump file created - Similar Threads - Random reboots dump

2. Sudden reboot, could not create dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden reboot, could not create dump file: Happened out of the blue, dump file was not created. Any help appreciated.Also Merry Xmas and happy holidays to anyone reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-reboot-could-not-create-dump-file/6021a717-682d-4c77-ad4d-bf5e1824cf76
  3. Sudden reboot, could not create dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden reboot, could not create dump file: Happened out of the blue, dump file was not created. Any help appreciated.Also Merry Xmas and happy holidays to anyone reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-reboot-could-not-create-dump-file/6021a717-682d-4c77-ad4d-bf5e1824cf76
  4. Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached

Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached: HI guys - I built myself a new system and its been running great, however, after running for several hours in games like DCS, it will randomly reboot.I found this error in the errorlog at the time of the last reboot:Hoping for some tips on where to start!I uploaded the dump...
  5. Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached: HI guys - I built myself a new system and its been running great, however, after running for several hours in games like DCS, it will randomly reboot.I found this error in the errorlog at the time of the last reboot:Hoping for some tips on where to start!I uploaded the dump...
  6. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  7. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  8. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file: Hello, My laptop is an HP ENVY - 15-as105nl, i bought it in 2017. My Windows version is 1903 (build SO 18362.476). About last week, I was using the PC for school, when I first noticed a sudden slowdown in performance, until it stopped for a couple of seconds and then the...
  10. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files: Hello, I have been fighting with my computer for about four weeks now, and I am not getting anywhere. In a nutshell, my computer started to randomly shut down and seldom reboot. There are no specific patterns I notice, except that when I try to find out what's going on the...