Windows 10: Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux

Discus and support Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since recently I've been getting random reboots without BSOD. Nothing relevant shows in the event log. The issue doesn't happen on Linux so its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xCuri0, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/xCuri0 Win User

Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux

Since recently I've been getting random reboots without BSOD. Nothing relevant shows in the event log.

The issue doesn't happen on Linux so its probably not a hardware problem but possibly outdated firmware/drivers since the last driver update for my GPU and BIOS was in 2016

submitted by /u/xCuri0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xCuri0, Oct 29, 2019
  2. cipherism Win User

Random Reboot with No BSOD

Like this ?

Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux [​IMG]

And also, i am getting a strange BSOD when i'm trying to quit BIOS, like this

But after that, my PC went normal. I dont know if its related to the problem
    No
    Here is the list of drivers/software updates

The only drivers that changes before the crash is SAMSUNG, i dont think i ever used it though.

Replace my old Samsung monitor with BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 and have no BIOS changes

cipherism, Oct 29, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux

Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux

1. Random reboots without BSOD that don't happen in Linux - Similar Threads - Random reboots without

2. Random DPC Watchdog BSODs, Hard freezing without reboots, WHEA Errors, random reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random DPC Watchdog BSODs, Hard freezing without reboots, WHEA Errors, random reboots.: Good evening. I am having a tough time trying to troubleshoot these random reboots, hard freezes without reboots, and DPC Watchdog BSODS. I have built this PC my self nearly two years ago and no issues up until 3 months ago. Specs are below.Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII...
  3. Random DPC Watchdog BSODs, Hard freezing without reboots, WHEA Errors, random reboots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random DPC Watchdog BSODs, Hard freezing without reboots, WHEA Errors, random reboots.: Good evening. I am having a tough time trying to troubleshoot these random reboots, hard freezes without reboots, and DPC Watchdog BSODS. I have built this PC my self nearly two years ago and no issues up until 3 months ago. Specs are below.Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII...
  4. Windows randomly reboots without BSOD or other notice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly reboots without BSOD or other notice: So in the last couple of days my computer has just at random moments been restarting itself. It just turns off and on as if you pressed 'restart'. I cannot seem to figure it out and seem stuck on trying to read the event viewer logs but cant figure out what could cause it....
  5. Windows randomly reboots without BSOD or other notice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly reboots without BSOD or other notice: So in the last couple of days my computer has just at random moments been restarting itself. It just turns off and on as if you pressed 'restart'. I cannot seem to figure it out and seem stuck on trying to read the event viewer logs but cant figure out what could cause it....
  6. Windows randomly reboots without BSOD or other notice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC has random reboots without BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has random reboots without BSOD.: From Event Viewer:The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80684cfb320, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 48fd3a85-199c-4b84-b0fb-23a7375c2e24.System: MSI Z490 GAMING PROINTEL i9 11900K with 280mm CLC...
  8. Random reboot and BSODs

Random reboot and BSODs: Hello, I built my system last november. It runs very well except for the occasional BSOD and sudden reboot. These have been happening since I've built it. I can't remember when it started, but it was very early. These days, though, they are getting very frequent at about a...
  9. Random Reboot with No BSOD

Random Reboot with No BSOD: So for a couple of months ago, my house is having a short power outage problem that happens quite frequently when I'm playing games. I have a UPS for 2 years to handle a sudden power outage and it usually works well. But unfortunately, the game that I play a lot right now...
  10. Random BSOD Reboots

Random BSOD Reboots: Hello! I have been trying to work on an older Asus K52f laptop that has been having BSOD issues for a while now. I have been unable to find a link to what triggers the BSOD so any help would be awesome. Thank you! Attachment 72724Attachment 72724 46003

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random reboots just in windows not in linux

2. linux random reboot