Windows 10: Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.

Discus and support Random requests for PIN to verify my identity. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get random request to verify "it's me" by re-entering my PIN. That can happen almost any time and when I do re-enter my PIN, sometimes it works but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael G Massey, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.

I get random request to verify "it's me" by re-entering my PIN. That can happen almost any time and when I do re-enter my PIN, sometimes it works but occasionally it does not. When it does not work, I must reboot Microsoft 365 Outlook and then it will "take."

When it does pop up and ask for me to enter my PIN, it suspends whatever else was going on on the computer until I re-enter the PIN. As a side note, I turn off my computer each night and enter my PIN when I turn it on each morning. There has been no issues in that regard.

Tx.

Mike

:)

Michael G Massey, Feb 9, 2021

2. Verify Identity

I being asked to verify identity but when I try it states "the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

Any idea what I should do?

SteveCasalino, Feb 9, 2021
  3. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.

Cannot Verify Identity

Hi,

I have tried to Verify my identity through the Settings > Account > Verify, but when i click verify and enter my password i get the following error message:

We couldn't sign you in

An illegal state change was requested

If anyone knows how to resolve this please could you help advise?

Thanks,

Mark

markmcgready, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.

1. Random requests for PIN to verify my identity. - Similar Threads - Random requests PIN

2. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot verify identity ask for pin that was never set.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot verify identity ask for pin that was never set.: A few years back I set up my mothering law laptop from new. WEcopied down and the user name and password. AND DID NOT SET A PIN. From time to time BT force her to change her email password,no issues change the password then update in windows. But this time we cannot...
  6. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  7. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  8. Random pin request

Random pin request: A box popped up when I opened Paint 3D asking for my pin, because apparently windows needed to confirm it was me. Seemed odd as I've never seen this before so I closed it hit x and it disappeared. I could carry on regardless without confirming, so why did windows want to...
  9. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't verify my identity

Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...