Windows 10: Random resets and lost recovery partition

Discus and support Random resets and lost recovery partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last year, I had to fix my PC due to a failed power source and used the opportunity to upgrade it new MoBo and CPU as well as migrating the OS to SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UnaDudaTengo, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Random resets and lost recovery partition

Last year, I had to fix my PC due to a failed power source and used the opportunity to upgrade it new MoBo and CPU as well as migrating the OS to SSD. When I migrated the OS, the recovery partition remained on the old disk, which was now relegated to data storage. Soon after, the old disk failed in a very weird way and became defunct when I tried to get it through chkdsk so many data lost, and with it, my recovery partition.

Weeks later, it started randomly resetting itself, which has become more common with time sometimes even resetting during OS load. On my quest to find the cause I came to find many possible issues, one of them being that some devices, including all HDDs, giving me a "device not migrated" alert, and in looking ways to fix that, I somehow came accross the MBR2GPT tool to change my system to legacy BIOS to UEFI.

The thing is, I cannot use that tool because it seems to need an active Windows RE, mine is disabled and cannot be enabled due to the loss of the recovery partition; from what I've seen, it seems that I cannot create a new one.

The shotdown events are always accompanied in the event viewer by a TPM id 15 alert, but disabling, enabling or upgrading the TPM did nothing, neither did upgrading the BIOS nor the chipset drivers.

:)

UnaDudaTengo, Jan 7, 2021
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Random resets and lost recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Lost recovery partition

Hi Mike

I´m an Independant Advisor

While I´m reading the information you probably by mistake erase your main partition instead of the external drive.

This happened to me, and when I get noticed of this It was too late.

I tried to recover information of this drive, with some program that supose to recover info in this cases.

I put some step to do before use a recover partition software

" How to recover deleted partition using cmd?

In some cases, we can undo Diskpart clean command in order to undelete partition. But, this method does not work on all partition loss issue. If this method cannot get back your lost partition, you should go to Method 2 and Method 3 to recover data.

Step 1 Open Disk Management to view which partition is lost.

You can access Disk Management by right-clicking Start menu and click Disk Management. If a partition is deleted, the disk space will be marked as Unallocated. Remember the partition size.

Step 2 Open Command Prompt as administration and type Diskpart in the window and press Enter key.

Step 3 Type command list disk and press Enter key so that you can see all storage devices on the computer.

Step 4 Type command select disk # and press Enter. Replace # with the number of the hard drive that needs recovering lost partition.

Step 5 Type assign letter=G and press Enter (G is a drive letter chosen randomly).

Step 6 Close Command Prompt when you see "Diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point".

Note: if you are not familiar with diskpart commands, do not try any commands without fully knowing its function. Some commands such as "clean" delete all partitions and data on selected disk.

If the problem continue please try with the next link that may help you to recover your lost partition.

http://www.eassos.com/how-to/how-to-recover-del...

I hope this can help you. Warning The software that you can download is free but it is limited until you pay for it

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it

Let me know if this help you

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

Random resets and lost recovery partition

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Random resets and lost recovery partition

1. Random resets and lost recovery partition - Similar Threads - Random resets lost

2. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  3. Recovery Partition after Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery Partition after Reset: I worked for a company that had me add software to my computer which locked me out of making changes to my browser. After several days on the phone with support, I decided to reset my computer. After the reset, I now have to choose between Windows 10 and a recovery...
  4. Partitions lost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  5. lost partition

lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  6. Lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost recovery partition: I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk Utility software from Paragon and had the external drive connected to my PC. While in the Paragon software, the screen went black...
  7. Recovery partition has reset to Disk0

Recovery partition has reset to Disk0: Hi forum people, I noticed this morning that my recovery partition (it used to be D drive) could not be found. I ran Disk Management and found that my external drive (it used to be G drive) had been re-assigned to D drive and my D drive was coming up as (Disk 0 partition...
  8. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  9. Reset Windows with Older Recovery Partition

Reset Windows with Older Recovery Partition: I purchased a Lenovo L440 with Windows 8.1 and a license for Office 2013 (it came preinstalled, no separate key). I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came available. Now I need to perform a full reset (refresh isn't good enough). Unfortunately, doing a reset as is means I'm...
  10. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition: Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today. After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned...