Windows 10: Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.

Discus and support Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Forum I came across with a strange and odd computer behavior and I'm not sure what could be wrong: Everytime I turn the computer on for the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bfstunoodle, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.

Hi Forum

I came across with a strange and odd computer behavior and I'm not sure what could be wrong:

Everytime I turn the computer on for the first time of the day, it will automatically shuts off and restart within the first 5 minutes after windows gets booted up. After it restarts automatically, everything is fine, no more restarts for hours. This happens everytime I turn the computer on the first time of the day. When it goes into restart, the computer first freezes (mouse not frozen, music/sounds gets frozen) and within seconds, it goes into black screen signaling the computer has restarted.

Is this usually a bad hard drive? My OS is installed in a nvme m2 slot SSD.

My system spec: i7-8700k, z370 gaming 5 aorus mobo, corsair vengeance 16gb ram, gtx1080ti.

I did a memtest, although it froze me at 65% but no errors occurred before that....

Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.

:)

bfstunoodle, Apr 17, 2019

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 17, 2019
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.

pc attempting to restart continually

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are referring to?
    • What was the host operating system installed in your PC? If you performed Windows 10 upgrade, was it via Media Creation Tool or through Windows update?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    • Did you notice if Windows is trying to configure any settings before failing or crashing out?
    • Do you receive any error messages in the subsequent restart after Windows fails to load at the first instance?
    • Are you able to start the computer normally in Safe Mode with Networking?

(This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating any particular cause to the issue.)

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer normally, I suggest you to check for particular event IDs in the Event Viewer which can help us to ascertain the cause of the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.

1. Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards. - Similar Threads - Random restart every

2. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  3. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  4. PC randomly crashes and audio drivers are missing afterwards

PC randomly crashes and audio drivers are missing afterwards: I've owned this PC for about 2 years and a half and 2 years ago and it began when I tried reinstalling my audio drivers because I was using voicemeeter as my output with my Realtek drivers not working. So I deleted my Realtek drivers but I was unable to reinstall them so I...
  5. Pc Restarting Randomly every so often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Restarting Randomly every so often: Recently randomly my pc will just quickly reboot then run like normal I have no clue why Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 2E4E7257-6647-44DA-BDC3-27CE182F2433 Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA791 System type 64-bit operating...
  6. Pc Restarting Randomly every so often

Pc Restarting Randomly every so often: Recently randomly my pc will just quickly reboot then run like normal I have no clue why Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 2E4E7257-6647-44DA-BDC3-27CE182F2433 Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA791 System type 64-bit operating...
  7. My PC freezes after boot then restarts afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes after boot then restarts afterwards: Good Day to everybody. I booted my PC awhile ago and 10-15 seconds before I log in or after does not have any difference any other way, it freezes for a little while 3 seconds- 5 seconds then restarts. It just goes on a loop until it goes to a blue screen with options whether...
  8. My PC freezes after boot then restarts afterwards

My PC freezes after boot then restarts afterwards: Good Day to everybody. I booted my PC awhile ago and 10-15 seconds before I log in or after does not have any difference any other way, it freezes for a little while 3 seconds- 5 seconds then restarts. It just goes on a loop until it goes to a blue screen with options whether...
  9. My PC freezes after boot then restarts afterwards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.: I've had this issue for the past month or longer. It's inconsistent as hell and ridiculously annoying. Basically at random points my pc will turn off completely and then restart for absolutely no reason whatsoever, even when loading into a game which is more common. Now I...