Windows 10: Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Discus and support Random restarts after sleep or hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AO- UCLH, Nov 14, 2021.

1. AO- UCLH Win User

Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000011, 0xffffae0a81202100, 0xffffae0aa72974a0, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. ReportId: 78c84f68-34e0-4ddc-9a74-73b92b9aaaeb.I'm happy to s

:)

AO- UCLH, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

Shihabyooo, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

1. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate - Similar Threads - Random restarts sleep

2. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  3. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  7. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  8. Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate: Good morning. After upgrading(?) from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now 1903, on an old but still very performing Toshiba TECRA R850, I was plagued by freezing with no alternative but to hold the power button to reboot. I looked for months for a solution on the Internet with no...
  9. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  10. Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate: Hi everyone, I have decided to start this thread to document any issues with Windows 10 Bootcamp installation from my side of things. Initially, 2 days ago, I decided to install Windows 10 Education (I am a student, so I have free access to this) using Boot Camp...