Windows 10: Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

Discus and support Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 my system has started to suddenly restart (occasionally just stops) while system is idle. Frequency of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankHirsch, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

After the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 my system has started to suddenly restart (occasionally just stops) while system is idle. Frequency of these restarts is increasing and cannot find a cause. Tried uninstalling 1809, but past 10-day limit. All security updates are applied via normal update process.

Don't want to do repair process of fresh install because of having to reinstall and re-register many programs and applications already in place.

:)

FrankHirsch, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

1. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Random restarts automatic

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  6. Windows 10 automatic restart after updates problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatic restart after updates problem: Windows 10 automatic restart after updates should be optional and enabled by default. It doesn't make any sense being automatic. Even when my pc is at sleep mode it auto reboots and messes up with my working environment having big impact on my work. This "feature" is stupid,...
  7. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...
  8. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update not installing automatically

Windows 10 1809 update not installing automatically: I work for a company that services about 2000 computers, and we are currently using WSUS to push updates out. The computers are seeing and downloading the 1809 update, but it is not being installed automatically. Each user is having to choose the update and restart option...
  10. Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update: Hello there, I have a problem with random restarts after 1809 update. It's like black screen and after 1-2 seconds Windows restarts.Four (4) times happened after this update. I must tell you that I have never had any problems like these before. Everything was fine untill...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 random restarts only on standard account

2. windows 10 random restarts due to system file crash