Windows 10: Random restarts, need help!

Discus and support Random restarts, need help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All! A few weeks ago I began to experience random BSOD / random power loss...usually while PC is idle but has happened when gaming. Thinking it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrRandomPCCrash, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Random restarts, need help!

Hello All!

A few weeks ago I began to experience random BSOD / random power loss...usually while PC is idle but has happened when gaming. Thinking it was PSU related, swapped two additional units (Seasonic and EVGA) and still ran into this issue. From there reinstalled the OS (Win10 20H2 OS Build 19042.685) , tried different RAM kits (with and without XMP enabled), and recently tried a new GPU...still the same issue. I believe I ran everything per specifications, but I am at wits end and could use some assistance (please and thank you!). PBO is currently disabled, but still getting random crashes.

Logs can be found here: DESKTOP-RU5AO8I-(2020-12-19_13-14-51).zip

:)

MrRandomPCCrash, Dec 19, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Random restarts, need help!

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Random restarts, need help!

1. Random restarts, need help! - Similar Threads - Random restarts need

2. My PC is Freezing and Restarting Randomly Need Help Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is Freezing and Restarting Randomly Need Help Please: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 4Parameter 2: ffffc30f43fca028Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.100Locale ID: 16393Extra information about the problemBucket...
  3. My PC is Freezing and Restarting Randomly Need Help Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is Freezing and Restarting Randomly Need Help Please: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 4Parameter 2: ffffc30f43fca028Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.100Locale ID: 16393Extra information about the problemBucket...
  4. PC randomly restarted: I need help with minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted: I need help with minidump files: Hello, so after a restart, my screen froze and my PC restarted. I checked event viewer after that and saw 2 things:"The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."as well as:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  5. PC randomly restarted: I need help with minidump files

PC randomly restarted: I need help with minidump files: Hello, so after a restart, my screen froze and my PC restarted. I checked event viewer after that and saw 2 things:"The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."as well as:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  6. PC randomly restarted: I need help with minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

Newish PC random restarting and i really need help: Hello everyone,I really need some help. I have only had my new computer for less than 12 months and recently i started experiencing:- Blue screen of death- Random restarting of PCAfter following alot of different fixes online, including both, file saved and complete...
  8. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newish PC random restarting and i really need help: Hello everyone,I really need some help. I have only had my new computer for less than 12 months and recently i started experiencing:- Blue screen of death- Random restarting of PCAfter following alot of different fixes online, including both, file saved and complete...
  9. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Random Restarts Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts Help Please: Hi there everyone, The past 3 days when i've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X and i've been away from my computer for a while i;ve noticed when i return that everything has closed and i'm back to the dekstop after a restart. It seems my computer randomly reboots...