Windows 10: Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

Discus and support Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sometime, 1-3 day interval computer restarts on boot. After restart all is ok. Before October update all working not any problems. Error event: Log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VelloTusti, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

Sometime, 1-3 day interval computer restarts on boot. After restart all is ok. Before October update all working not any problems. Error event:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 18.10.2018 19:38:38
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-4QTGRVV
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-18T16:38:38.276917600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4282</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-4QTGRVV</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">160</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x608</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffe7078cde41f8</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225473</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">9</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

VelloTusti, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Almost September and are the October 2018 update release in the September or October?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 18, 2018
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

Hi,

If you have click Checked for updates once, it would continue to download.

Try updating to Windows 10 October update version 1809, manually.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2018/10/update...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

1. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Random restarts boot

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  4. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  5. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update: Hello! :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update. Is this a bug from Microsoft? Thanks. 119409
  6. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  7. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  8. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  9. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October: Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer displays the symbol. After some investigation, it appears that while applications like Edge, Chrome, Telegram, etc display...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........