Windows 10: Random restarts on release 20H2

Discus and support Random restarts on release 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed 20H2 over win7 on my Dell e5440. After a shutdown, windows randomly restarts. Doesn't happen every time and never (so far) more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LouG, Mar 12, 2021.

1. LouG Win User

Random restarts on release 20H2

I recently installed 20H2 over win7 on my Dell e5440. After a shutdown, windows randomly restarts. Doesn't happen every time and never (so far) more than once in a row. Not a huge problem but mildly annoying - something I would fix if it's not too involved or I could just wait for a windows update.

Thanks for all help or advice...

:)

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 12, 2021
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Random restarts on release 20H2 - Similar Threads - Random restarts release

2. random restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random restart: hi good day i just formatted my pc and now i'm reinstalling programs when i try to open multiple apps at once for install my computer suddenly restarts on its own without any warning or anything. i don't know why but i have installed 3 computer today and this ryzen has this...
  3. Random restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restart: My pc started constantly restarting with no given cause, I haven't downloaded anything that day and the last update was a week ago. Regback and both restore and restart solutions don't work. Need help asap....
  4. Update 20h2 clean restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20h2 clean restart: I updated my computer from Windows 10 version SDK 2004 to 20h2 and, to my surprise, I saw that all of my app info and storage--for the most part--was gone. I immediately downgraded to the version I had before and now everything is back to normal. Does the update require the...
  5. Has there been a fix released for the driver issues with the new 20h2 version release ?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has there been a fix released for the driver issues with the new 20h2 version release ?...: I just keep getting an error message that I don't have an output device installed , yet all my devices are installed but it won't let me update the drivers, just keeps sending me around in circles. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!! Jeffriel...
  6. Random Restarts

Random Restarts: Win10 Restarts Randomly It happens randomly several times a month, on previous windows 7 ones a month. It happens when I am browsing or at an idle black screen and restart. No dump files. It happens at the welcome screen also before windows to load all drivers. Performed...
  7. Random Restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Restarting: Second time this has happened, I will be playing a game and suddenly the computer will restart with no warning. Was playing a game. Conan Exiles. Specs: i9-7900X OC@4.5ghz MSI X299 Pro Gaming Carbon AC EVGA RTX 2080 ti Ultra Gaming 64GB DDR4 2666mhz Hyper Fury X Windows...
  8. Random restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Random restart: Hello i have this pc gigabyte ab350m-ds3h v2 ryzen 3 1200 hyperx fury red 8gb 2666 gtx 750ti 550 ocz psu m2 ssd plextor sata ssd plextor wd 1TB hd windows 10 64bit Some times i have random restart, pc just freeze for 10 second and restart No error, no bluescreen nothing I...
  9. Random restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Random restarts: On my desktop, I run Windows 10 PRO. Intel Core I7, 16GB RAM, 4GB Video.I have been having the problem that windows will reboot for no reason at all once or twice a day or even skip a day. It is not a CPU high temp as my core temps run from 25 to 40 degrees C. This happens...
  10. Random restart

Random restart: Getting random restarts sometimes while gaming and sometimes while watching youtubes 45890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 20H2 reboot by itself