Windows 10: Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop

Discus and support Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For some time now i had some random restarts where the computer would simply shutdown and restart (once a month then it stopped for a while, 29/12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DSkySoul, Aug 5, 2021.

1. DSkySoul Win User

Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop

Hi, For some time now i had some random restarts where the computer would simply shutdown and restart (once a month then it stopped for a while, 29/12 10:16 & 21/04 21:39 were the last ones), no logs about why. It rebooted again yesterday and now today (was just browsing today, normally it would shutdown when i was playing a game or something like that). Did some dust cleaning (last time it seemed to stop after i did it), checked Windows integrity (some errors but they got fixed), changed the slots for the RAM (an hour ago +/-) and searched for some help. I found that it could be a driver issue so i ran the Windows Verifier where it went on a BSOD loop. Right now i'm setting up to do a MemTest. Some notes: I reinstalled windows recently. From what i can remember i already had some BSOD issues with NordVPN and Malwarebytes (fixed on my previous windows install, when it happened it shows a blue screen not a random restart. Don't think it's an issue now) Thank you for your help Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop :) EditionWindows 10 Home Version21H1 Installed on‎25/‎07/‎2021 OS build19043.1110 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

:)

DSkySoul, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Aug 5, 2021
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop

BSOD CONSTANT RESTART LOOP

Hi,

This issue might occur due to an old or corrupted graphics driver. Since you are experiencing a constant restart loop, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop

1. Random restarts, troubleshooting drivers led to BSOD loop - Similar Threads - Random restarts troubleshooting

2. BSOD Loop happening at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Loop happening at random: I'm on a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 11 22H2 I had 23H2 but I decided to roll back the update thinking it'll fix the issue I'll talk about below Over the past month I've had consecutive BSOD crashes with the stopcode KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Ever since I fixed my...
  3. BSOD Loop happening at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Loop happening at random: I'm on a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 11 22H2 I had 23H2 but I decided to roll back the update thinking it'll fix the issue I'll talk about below Over the past month I've had consecutive BSOD crashes with the stopcode KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Ever since I fixed my...
  4. BSOD chain into restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD chain into restart loop: I built my pc a few months ago & haven’t really had any issues up until like last week. Just now it got really bad, I’m getting BSOD after BSOD and it’s always the same four errors:...
  5. BSOD chain into restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD chain into restart loop: I built my pc a few months ago & haven’t really had any issues up until like last week. Just now it got really bad, I’m getting BSOD after BSOD and it’s always the same four errors:...
  6. BSOD and Random Restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD and Random Restarts: I recently upgraded my computer and have been plagued by BSODs with varying error codes and random restarts on my machine. The RAM is new, so I suspect that the least. I ran memtest86 and found no issues over the course of many hours, so I don't suspect the SSD either. I also...
  7. Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been having all sorts for BSODs in the past few months. Not a while ago I went deep into finding out the root cause of those. I stress tested my CPU, GPU, PSU and RAM and found no errors, so I moved on to Windows' verifier. I ran the tool with all sorts of test,...
  8. BSOD Loop restart.

BSOD Loop restart.: I've been experiencing startup issues with my PC since last night. I go to startup and startup freezes. It seems that something is either stuck or freezing up on loading. Since it doesn't fully boot up, I have been hitting the reset button or holding the power button. It...
  9. Random BSOD/restarts

Random BSOD/restarts: Hi there Having a bit of trouble with random restarts. I have updated various drivers, specifically the Nvidia driver, but nothing has made any difference. I have tried to pinpoint the cause, but it does seem to be completely random and happens when watching Netflix through...
  10. BSOD and restart loop

BSOD and restart loop: Hi I have been getting random BSOD with all different kinds of messages (tcpsp.sis missing or contains errors, irql_not_less_or_equal, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) The PC is custom built by myself and I have tried many things to try to find out what the issue is ( cleared...