Windows 10: Random Restarts

Discus and support Random Restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No new hardware added everything up to date, would system restore roll back fix this issue ? I am just about out of ideas tried various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wasi, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Wasi Win User

Random Restarts

No new hardware added everything up to date, would system restore roll back fix this issue ?
    I am just about out of ideas tried various suggestions.Only left now is to try it in safe mode wait
    and see if it restarts which can take hours

:)

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 30, 2019
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random Restarts

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Random Restarts

1. Random Restarts - Similar Threads - Random Restarts

2. Windows randomly restarts, EventID 42, TaskCategory 64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly restarts, EventID 42, TaskCategory 64: Recently, I have updated the version of Windows. After that, the system has randomly slept with the following error: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 22.04.2019 13:37:13 Event ID: 42 Task Category: (64) Level:...
  3. Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random restart every first pc turn on attempt. No more afterwards.: Hi Forum I came across with a strange and odd computer behavior and I'm not sure what could be wrong: Everytime I turn the computer on for the first time of the day, it will automatically shuts off and restart within the first 5 minutes after windows gets booted up. After...
  4. Windows 10 Computer restarts randomly

Windows 10 Computer restarts randomly: My computer restarts randomly , it first freezes then restarts, I've had this problem ever since I upgraded to windows 10 long ago, I've tried many thing but cant seem to fix it, it happens a lot more when I log into games such as world of Warcraft, can anyone try to help me...
  5. Random BugCheck Errors/Restarts with Win 10 Pro

Random BugCheck Errors/Restarts with Win 10 Pro: Hello, I have a brand new HP EliteBook 840 G4 with Win 10 Pro (10.0.17763 Build 17763) that randomly restarts with these errors: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000000404, 0xfffffde787454f08, 0x8a0000033cd80863,...
  6. File Explorer opens randomly after i restart it with admin. privileges

File Explorer opens randomly after i restart it with admin. privileges: Hi, i have a problem and is that yesterday my pc was lagging because i had a 3d rendering software eating all the RAM, so all the other tasks suffer lagging as a consecuence, so i decided to close everything except task manager and the program. When it finished, i used the...
  7. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809: After the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 my system has started to suddenly restart (occasionally just stops) while system is idle. Frequency of these restarts is increasing and cannot find a cause. Tried uninstalling 1809, but past 10-day limit. All security updates are...
  8. Windows 10 restarts randomly on an HP laptop

Windows 10 restarts randomly on an HP laptop: Hello, my laptop has been unexpectedly restarting since i remember. With no prior warning it just turns off like power has gone off and then normally boots up again. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? Here is an event log that i get after booting up: Log...
  9. PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.: I've had this issue for the past month or longer. It's inconsistent as hell and ridiculously annoying. Basically at random points my pc will turn off completely and then restart for absolutely no reason whatsoever, even when loading into a game which is more common. Now I...
  10. Blue screen/Random restarts Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Windows ID 41 Code 196

Blue screen/Random restarts Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Windows ID 41 Code 196: Hi there! I've been having some troubles with my computer recently. It randomly goes to a blue screen or just restarts. I've try reseating memory, video card, power supply cables and memtests. No errors in memtests 4 passes. sfc /scannow no errors either. Here is the...