Windows 10: Random restarts

Discus and support Random restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot 58273 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snafuu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. snafuu Win User

Random restarts

PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot

:)

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Random restarts

Sometimes my pc just restarts for no reason (not that I know of). Never when I'm using it but when I go away from my pc for a while, when I come back, sometimes I see my login screen. I'm pretty sure it didn't just lock because all the programs I was running
    were closed when I logged back in and my Google Chrome said it was closed wrongly. I am aware of windows 10 sometimes sending me notifications with that I have to restart my pc for an update but I didn't get those notifications and besides, it only should
    restart after 9 PM (I selected that in the settings). It happened 4 or 5 times until now.

Apologies for my bad English Random restarts :p

fireclaw20, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Random restarts

Usually these random restarts has to do with windows 10 automated updates that have been scheduled restarts or the update(s) specifically requires a restart right then. I've found this to be so since I started using windows 10, well it's the only thing I can link it to.

Unless you have some underlying issues on your system that may be causing this. Does this happen all the time of just out of the blue type of thing on a few occasions.

Plankton, Aug 1, 2016
  5. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  6. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random restarts

1. Random restarts - Similar Threads - Random restarts

2. Random restart PC for multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart PC for multiple times: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  3. Random restart PC for multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restart PC for multiple times: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  4. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  5. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  6. Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed: I'm facing an issue that is more than frustrating. When I leave my laptop unnoticed sometimes it just restarts randomly either plugged or unplugged to the charger. I just leave it on, the screen goes black as if it goes to rest mode and if I want to wake it up it doesn't...
  7. Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed

Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed: I'm facing an issue that is more than frustrating. When I leave my laptop unnoticed sometimes it just restarts randomly either plugged or unplugged to the charger. I just leave it on, the screen goes black as if it goes to rest mode and if I want to wake it up it doesn't...
  8. Critical Error - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  9. Critical Error - random restarts

Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  10. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...