Windows 10: Random restarts

Discus and support Random restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot 58273 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snafuu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. snafuu Win User

Random restarts

PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot

:)

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Random restarts

Sometimes my pc just restarts for no reason (not that I know of). Never when I'm using it but when I go away from my pc for a while, when I come back, sometimes I see my login screen. I'm pretty sure it didn't just lock because all the programs I was running
    were closed when I logged back in and my Google Chrome said it was closed wrongly. I am aware of windows 10 sometimes sending me notifications with that I have to restart my pc for an update but I didn't get those notifications and besides, it only should
    restart after 9 PM (I selected that in the settings). It happened 4 or 5 times until now.

Apologies for my bad English Random restarts :p

fireclaw20, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Random restarts

Usually these random restarts has to do with windows 10 automated updates that have been scheduled restarts or the update(s) specifically requires a restart right then. I've found this to be so since I started using windows 10, well it's the only thing I can link it to.

Unless you have some underlying issues on your system that may be causing this. Does this happen all the time of just out of the blue type of thing on a few occasions.

Plankton, Aug 1, 2016
  5. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  6. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random restarts

1. Random restarts - Similar Threads - Random restarts

2. Windows randomly restarts and disabled an entire disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly restarts and disabled an entire disk: Warning: long post! Hi! Maybe you have some idea about this issue I'm facing, I'm not really a beginner in computers, but I never saw this one. All components are from May 2017, so they are pretty newish. Components: Power source is Argus 620W MB Gigabyte B250HD3P Proc...
  3. Random Freezes/Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes/Restarts: I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the diagnostic tools I've tried say the laptop is performing perfectly. Laptop randomly freezes or restarts. Usually freezes. Computer...
  4. PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...

PC screen goes black, or restarts, randomly. Fresh Install on new Mobo. Kernel Power in...: [ATTACH] Recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 home, did all the updates except the October 2020 Update (version 20H20). Its an AMD build, had big issues with it before the fresh install - BSOD like 15 times a day and eventually wouldnt even turn on. So i replaced...
  5. My computer suddenly random restart, I have included the mini dump file

My computer suddenly random restart, I have included the mini dump file: My computer just randomly restart, the CPU and GPU temperature was normal when it happened. I will put the one drive link to download the zipped mini dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj_RGHmlkVBY7mGvDi6uWCcQI0AX?e=KLmF6p I went and read up in the event viewer, the errors are...
  6. Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...

Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...: My laptop is Acer Helios Predator 300 Whenever I put my laptop on Sleep mode or when I do Windows Key + L to put it on lock screen to go somewhere for 10 minutes or longer, sometimes (like 30% chance) I will come back to the fans still running but the screen is completely...
  7. random restarts of the computer

random restarts of the computer: My ASUS laptop keeps on restarting saying "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. ...". I do not know why and I would love to know if it is a setting I can change so that it asks me if I should restart it. I have university exams to take and this is making me...
  8. Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.

Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.: Hey, with the recent updates on windows 10 this month, my computer started randomly restarting itself. I kinda confirmed that it's not a hardware issue by booting in safe mode and seeing stable performance. When I look at the update history, I see three updates (one feature...
  9. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10: Hi everyone For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find are the following: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  10. BSOD tcpip.sysNOT HANDLED PC randomly restarts

BSOD tcpip.sysNOT HANDLED PC randomly restarts: Hi all! My computer recently started restarting out of nowhere without showing any form of error up until today, which showed a BSOD with the error "cpip.sysNOT HANDLED" as seen in the picture sorry my poor photography skills. The restarting pattern is completely random,...