Windows 10: Random restarts

Discus and support Random restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot 58273 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snafuu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. snafuu Win User

Random restarts

PC randomly restarts when idle - windows 10/32bit home - I don't understand tech jargon - if you can help please treat me like a complete idiot

:)

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Random restarts

Sometimes my pc just restarts for no reason (not that I know of). Never when I'm using it but when I go away from my pc for a while, when I come back, sometimes I see my login screen. I'm pretty sure it didn't just lock because all the programs I was running
    were closed when I logged back in and my Google Chrome said it was closed wrongly. I am aware of windows 10 sometimes sending me notifications with that I have to restart my pc for an update but I didn't get those notifications and besides, it only should
    restart after 9 PM (I selected that in the settings). It happened 4 or 5 times until now.

Apologies for my bad English Random restarts :p

fireclaw20, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Random restarts

Usually these random restarts has to do with windows 10 automated updates that have been scheduled restarts or the update(s) specifically requires a restart right then. I've found this to be so since I started using windows 10, well it's the only thing I can link it to.

Unless you have some underlying issues on your system that may be causing this. Does this happen all the time of just out of the blue type of thing on a few occasions.

Plankton, Aug 1, 2016
  5. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Aug 1, 2016
  6. snafuu Win User
    Thanks for your response:
    It started about a week ago - completely random - happens every day - 2/3 times a day - sometimes restarts with a different desktop - no personal folders - checked update history (none since 13th july

snafuu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random restarts

1. Random restarts - Similar Threads - Random restarts

2. Computer restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts randomly: I have the dump file but cant read it. It wont let me access it to put it anywhere. I am the only user and am an administrator for my computer. It was recently built and most recent version of windows 10 is installed on it. This is the error message I am getting in event...
  3. Computer randomly restarting

Computer randomly restarting: I hope this is the right place to post this, as there's technically no BSOD. My computer has recently started to restart itself without warning when I'm playing games on it. There is no blue screen, no freezing, no strange audio stutters, nothing like that; the computer...
  4. Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.: Linux has been my daily driver for quite some time, but I've decided to install windows on one of my extra hard drives just laying around. Some games just can't run on Linux despite Pronton, Wine, Lutris, or whatever so me not wanting to waste the hundreds of dollars worth of...
  5. Seemingly Random Restarts

Seemingly Random Restarts: I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care...
  6. Computer will randomly freeze and restart

Computer will randomly freeze and restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. When I check the reliability center it just says "Windows did not shut down properly". I have ran hard drive tests and ram tests which...
  7. Windows randomly restarts without showing a blue screen event log attached

Windows randomly restarts without showing a blue screen event log attached: Hi everyone, Need help from you experts. It just started this morning. The computer worked well yesterday and I have installed nothing before this happened. Thank you. event log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhXFrqNJdBKSvnmb41Zx3tzrFACh?e=st0jmR system Summary Operating...
  8. PC keeps restarting randomly Event 10111 HID-compliant headset

PC keeps restarting randomly Event 10111 HID-compliant headset: Hi, I have a fairly new computer that I built myself. Yesterday it started randomly restarting while playing games and today it has been restarting randomly even when I just booted up the computer. In the event viewer I found this to be the case with every restart: Event...
  9. Glitchy text in Windows Explorer. Happens randomly, restarting explorer process fixes it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy text in Windows Explorer. Happens randomly, restarting explorer process fixes it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lucius1213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiex1z/glitchy_text_in_windows_explorer_happens_randomly/
  10. System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?: Hi, Yesterday I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC. It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10 seconds with a crash sound playing throughout the freeze It doesn't matter if I am playing a game or browsing the web, It can happen...