Windows 10: Random Restarts

Discus and support Random Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been fighting this for weeks. Found your forum today. will see if you can help. thanks Microsoft Windows 10 Home (X64) 1909 Model: 90GU0006US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dufferz, May 22, 2020.

1. dufferz Win User

Random Restarts

Been fighting this for weeks. Found your forum today. will see if you can help.
    thanks
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (X64) 1909
    Model: 90GU0006US Manufacturer: LENOVO
    Boot Mode: Normal
    SWISSHOME-(2020-05-22_16-11-12).zip - Google Drive

:)

dufferz, May 22, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 22, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 22, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random Restarts

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Random Restarts

1. Random Restarts - Similar Threads - Random Restarts

2. Windows 10, Computer completely freezes randomly ALL day. Forced restart necessary.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, Computer completely freezes randomly ALL day. Forced restart necessary.: Ok, I have about had it with this issue. It's been going on about a year now. I have pretty much completely rebuilt this computer, all new parts, even a new case... My computer randomly freezes. I can walk away and leave the computer running to go do something. Come back...
  3. Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen: My computer randomly restarts when playing games with no indication that its about to happen. There's no lag, no notifications, no blue screens, it literally just turns off the turns back on. It recently started doing this about a month ago and I am not completely sure what...
  4. Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41

Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41: Hey all, i have a desktop that has been randomly restarting at least once per day since the april update KB4549951. It happens even in idle and can also happen when i am working on something. All that happens is the screen goes black no blue sceen, then the standard reboot...
  5. Computer Restarts Randomly

Computer Restarts Randomly: This issue has been persisting for a while now and I can't quite wrap my head around it. There are certain games that have been able to cause this repeatedly while other games that should be equally if not more intensive run just fine. For example I can run Red Dead 2 at...
  6. Had issues with PC all day after updates; random restarts, freezing

Had issues with PC all day after updates; random restarts, freezing: This morning, my Windows 10 PC randomly restarted multiple times while I was working in Word. I troubleshooted it all day, trying multiple things. I resetted my power settings, uninstalled the 5/18/20 updates, restarted & reinstalled them twice, and nothing worked. What I...
  7. Computer keeps restarting randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps restarting randomly.: Hi guys, My computer keeps randomly restarting, ever since I have gotten it. Event IDs are always 10016 Warning / distributedCOM 6008 Error /source event log 161 Error / source volmgr 41 critical / source kernel-power The error codes shown when restarting are always...
  8. Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.: I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.778). For the last two weeks or so, my computer has been frequently crashing/randomly restarting. It...
  9. ASUS Laptop Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop Randomly Restarting: I have an ASUS K501U that was given to me from a relative when they received a new computer. I booted it up and trying to do anything the computer would restart randomly. I thought there would be a virus or other problem so I took to Microsoft and explained the problem. They...
  10. PLEASE HELP! Windows Randomly Restarts

PLEASE HELP! Windows Randomly Restarts: So I built my own pc about 4 months ago and sometimes it just randomly restarts. The screen just goes black and then the pc goes back to the first screen when starting up. However, the tower stays on the entire time as if the pc is working perfectly fine. Please help....