Windows 10: Random restarts

Discus and support Random restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Version 20H2(OS Build 19042.685) My PC would randomly restart whether it is in idle, playing games, or watching videos on Youtube. I checked the Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ACT485, Dec 31, 2020.

1. ACT485 Win User

Random restarts

Version 20H2(OS Build 19042.685)
    My PC would randomly restart whether it is in idle, playing games, or watching videos on Youtube.
    I checked the Event viewer and it would give me bug check code for 126 (0x7E in hex), which relates to SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Any help would be appreciated

:)

ACT485, Dec 31, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 31, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Random restarts

1. Random restarts - Similar Threads - Random restarts

2. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...
  3. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...
  4. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...
  6. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...
  7. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

8. During gaming, my PC randomly restarted screen turned black suddenly, and automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During gaming, my PC randomly restarted screen turned black suddenly, and automatically...: Hello,As stated in the title, my PC crashed while playing DayZ.Can you help me understand the reason behind the crash?I've ran WinDbg and "analyzed" the memory.dmp file, which spat out a bunch of stuff as well as some memory stuff pointing to Dayz_x64.exe and BEDaisy which is...
  9. During gaming, my PC randomly restarted screen turned black suddenly, and automatically...

During gaming, my PC randomly restarted screen turned black suddenly, and automatically...: Hello,As stated in the title, my PC crashed while playing DayZ.Can you help me understand the reason behind the crash?I've ran WinDbg and "analyzed" the memory.dmp file, which spat out a bunch of stuff as well as some memory stuff pointing to Dayz_x64.exe and BEDaisy which is...
  10. During gaming, my PC randomly restarted screen turned black suddenly, and automatically...