Windows 10: Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby

Discus and support Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop, Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH7H would randomly restart while on standby/sleep almost every other day. No problem seems to occur while I am using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sam Song1, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Sam Song1 Win User

Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby

My laptop, Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH7H would randomly restart while on standby/sleep almost every other day. No problem seems to occur while I am using the laptop. No BSOD, Laptop just restarts to the Windows log in screen. Looking into the event viewer I see would see a critical event 41 logged during each restart. It also seems to be accompanied with an error event 161 by volmgr. Although I'm not sure if the two are necessarily correlated as event 161 gives the message "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."Event 41 Log- <Eve

:)

Sam Song1, Feb 8, 2023
  2. nwbear Win User

Entering contact name shortcut on standby screen not working (E63)

One of the very handy features on my E63 was the ability to begin entering a contact name when at the standby screen, and a list of matching choices would pop up as I entered the letters. I could then select from the list using the D-pad and make a call,
    send a message, etc.

That function seems to have stopped working, and I can't tell the reason why. Unless I didn't notice the elimination of the feature months ago when I installed the latest firmware (don't think that's the case here), this doesn't appear to be the result
    of a firmware update, new software install, etc.

Any suggestions out there, shy of the royal pain of doing a reset and having to reinstall software and reconfigure/recustomize my phone?

E63-2, 400.21.013

nwbear, Feb 8, 2023
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby

question on standby memory

It is all in order
    Standby memory is ram held in reserve by Windows - for use by the system if needed. - hardware etc.
    If processes require more ram than is shown as free, then the standby memory is released by the systme as necessary

Here you can see more detail
    Releasing Standby memory

as on post 2

and from Microsoft

=============
    With regard to your split second lags, when do these occur - browsing, gaming, etc. More information is required please.

Macboatmaster, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby

1. Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby - Similar Threads - Random restartsEvent entering

2. Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restartsEvent 41 after entering standby: My laptop, Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH7H would randomly restart while on standby/sleep almost every other day. No problem seems to occur while I am using the laptop. No BSOD, Laptop just restarts to the Windows log in screen. Looking into the event viewer I see would see a critical...
  3. Windows Locks/ Enters Standby After 5 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Locks/ Enters Standby After 5 Minutes: I don't know where else to turn... I hope someone here can help.There's a few computers in the company I work for that have started locking themselves after 5 minutes.This is what we have tried so far:- Restore default power settings.- Create a different power plan with all...
  4. Windows Locks/ Enters Standby After 5 Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Locks/ Enters Standby After 5 Minutes: I don't know where else to turn... I hope someone here can help.There's a few computers in the company I work for that have started locking themselves after 5 minutes.This is what we have tried so far:- Restore default power settings.- Create a different power plan with all...
  5. Win10: The system is entering connected standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10: The system is entering connected standby: If I leave my laptop locked for like 10 minutes, when I get back, all network connections are gone except for my Cisco VPN. Cisco VPN stays up. Outlook and all other chat apps are disconnected. It will take a while to recover, maybe a minute before I can use it. I really...
  6. modern standby problems entering to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-enter-standby-mode-after-3/d20e0843-f4a0-4c6f-8748-640dfee1c876 This is the link to a Microsoft forum that has a complaint about exactly the same thing that i am experiencing. I will just post a...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Enter "Standby Mode" after 3 seconds of inactivity on Windows 10: So I finally made the decision of moving to Windows 10 after years of being comfortable with Windows 7 today, and instantly I came across a really really annoying problem with my Bluetooth configuration. For my PC I normally use Skullcandy Hesh 2 via a bluetooth connection,...
  9. Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring Kernel-Power 41 and reboots only when in standby: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Home last year, this system frequently BSODs or reboots 1) when in standby or 2) when being woken back up. This never happens during normal use. I ran Whocrashed on my memory dump files and it recommended that I update drivers for gzflt.sys,...
  10. BSOD after standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after standby: Hi everyone, I'm having problems with my DELL M4500 which presents me with a nice BSOD every time it comes back from standby. This is a Windows 10 64bit system. The BSOD typicall says CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (although I've already seen the odd MEMORY_MANAGEMENT as well), and...