Windows 10: Random return to desktop during a game

Discus and support Random return to desktop during a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CD94, May 23, 2024.

1. CD94 Win User

Random return to desktop during a game

Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the game is full screen again and i can continue to play but the issue comme back again and again. I have been trying a lot of different fixes found in internet from other people experiencing a similar issue but none have worked. I have one hope because yesterday I have tried to deactivate the real time protection from windows

:)

2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. Desktop colours not returning to normal

This seems like a stupid question but I can`t find the answer on the web. Recently bought my first lcd monitor and I`ve noticed that unlike crt monitors , the desktop colours change when you launch a game and don`t return to the desktop settings unless you open Catalyst cc. This is with an ati card . With an nvidia card on the same monitor , the driver seems to do this for you.

Things that I`ve already tried :
    1 Use the monitor to adjust brightness settings - doesn`t get the colours I want.
    2 Somebody suggested using powerstrip , but I couldn`t get it to work.

Is this obvious , or do you really have to open ccc every time you close a game ???!!!

francis511, May 23, 2024
  4. tomdsr Win User

Game controller causes random BSOD

Your device list doesnt indicate any game controller. Not in driver-versions text file. What controller is it? Are you using the microsoft provided driver, a driver on a disk or ? If it was installed, i would suggest going into device manager and making sure the box in the image is unchecked. Yes its for my mouse, but same thing.
    Random return to desktop during a game 357631d1642588877t-game-controller-causes-random-bsod-1.png

tomdsr, May 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Random return to desktop during a game - Similar Threads - Random return desktop

2. Random minimize/return to desktop while in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random minimize/return to desktop while in a game: Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the...
  3. Random minimize/return to desktop while in a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random minimize/return to desktop while in a game: Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the...
  4. Random minimize/return to desktop during a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random minimize/return to desktop during a game: Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the...
  5. Random minimize/return to desktop during a game

Random minimize/return to desktop during a game: Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the...
  6. Random return to desktop during a game

Random return to desktop during a game: Hello,I have been encountering an annoying issue for a long time and tried a lot of fixes from searching on internet :Every time I launch and play any game it will minimize itself randomly generally after 5 to 10 minutes. The game is not crashing when I click back on it the...
  7. PC randomly returns to desktop during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly returns to desktop during gaming: When ever I am gaming my PC will randomly return to the desktop and minimize the game that I am playing. The game does not crash or shut off only minimizes.I am not accidentally hitting the windows key.Windows is up to date and so are my graphics drivers.I am on windows...
  8. PC randomly returns to desktop during gaming

PC randomly returns to desktop during gaming: When ever I am gaming my PC will randomly return to the desktop and minimize the game that I am playing. The game does not crash or shut off only minimizes.I am not accidentally hitting the windows key.Windows is up to date and so are my graphics drivers.I am on windows...
  9. Random crashing during gaming

Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  10. Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3): Hi all, After a year of minimal usage of my desktop pc, I decided to play Diablo 3 again. However, I'm having frequent crashes, both during gameplay but also when browsing the web, or sometimes right after startup even. It's not caused by Diablo 3 as the crashes were there...