Windows 10: Random Screen Flickering

Discus and support Random Screen Flickering in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes, my screen will flicker/flash white or black for a split second. This concerns me, and if anyone knows whether this is a bad thing or not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L_Lawliet1979, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Random Screen Flickering

Sometimes, my screen will flicker/flash white or black for a split second. This concerns me, and if anyone knows whether this is a bad thing or not, please, let me know.

My screen sometimes will flicker:

• often, when my pc is powering on after a restart or shut down after it flickers, the screen brightness lowers
    • when I watch videos on the internet
    • rarely, when I use the Clip Studio art software
    • rarely, in Edge when I'm not watching a video

Somewhere I found that your driver might need to be updated to fix this problem, so I went to Lenovo Vantage and updated all my drivers as well as anything else that needed fixing, but my screen will still flicker occasionally. I also read that this problem might be caused by a virus or malware, so I ran a full scan on my device and addressed the issue, but my screen continues to flicker..... Please, if you know what is causing this or you have a tip to help me, don't be afraid to let me know!

Thank you very much.

:)

L_Lawliet1979, Dec 9, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Random Screen Flickering

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Random Screen Flickering

1. Random Screen Flickering - Similar Threads - Random Screen Flickering

2. Getting Random Flicker in the Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Random Flicker in the Screen: Not sure what is causing it but continuing to check things on my side to make sure it is not a driver issue or something installed causing the problem. Will continue to look into this. Running Windows Insider 26063....
  3. Getting Random Flicker in the Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Random Flicker in the Screen: Not sure what is causing it but continuing to check things on my side to make sure it is not a driver issue or something installed causing the problem. Will continue to look into this. Running Windows Insider 26063....
  4. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  5. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  6. Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering

Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering: My computer seems possessed. Apps will open, then close in random succession. There is a glowing halo bottom center of the screen above the task bar. It appears to be primarily opening the search tool but will also open random files. When the apps are opening and closing the...
  7. Random black screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random black screen flickering issue: Win10 Enterprise version 1909 build 18363.720 So I've been trying to troubleshoot an incredibly annoying screen flickering issue for months now. I have a dual monitor setup, one is an Asus ProArt PA248 connected via Display port, and the other is actually a 32inch Toshiba...
  8. Random black flicker top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random black flicker top of screen: Hi, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and sometimes I get a screen flicker on the top of my screen. It uses flicker a black bar really fast and it does this random. My system has a Nvidia 1660 Super (MSI Geforce 1660 Super OC XS) and 2 screens connected, 1 HDM and...
  9. Random half-screen flicker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Random half-screen flicker: I have an RX580 that displays my two 32" tv's and a 2080ti for the main 55" 4k UHD tv. The 2080ti was sent in for repairs a few months ago and it's been working 100% in games. Randomly though while on google chrome, VLC, or anything other than games, I see the entire half of...
  10. Laptop screen flickers randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen flickers randomly: my laptop screen randomly turns off and back on randomly. here is a video https://youtu.be/_AZhTYZIw2s i have updated my graphics driver as well and changed my power settings as well. here are my specifications : https://imgur.com/a/CnGHUxu submitted by /u/Iamprateek...