Windows 10: Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10

Discus and support Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have, a 4K UHD Monitor an AMD RX570 8GB Graphics card an ASRock AB450Pro4 Motherboard. Further, I have not done any overclocking or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by junaidnaseer2, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10

I have,

Further,

1. I have not done any overclocking or any other sort of tinkering, neither with the RAM nor with the Graphics Card nor with the CPU. Everything is standard.

2. I have the latest Radeon Software & drivers installed and all settings are default. There are no other drivers or softwares from some historical installation, as this was a clean new installation.

3. The screen refresh rate is 60Hz which is both supported on the monitor and on the Graphics Card. No fancy 144Hz or something going on here.

4. I tried both the display ports and the HDMI ports. It had no effect. So apparently, can't be the cable.

5. The problem only seems to appear under normal windows operation, like browsing the internet, writing documents, programming stuff, etc. If I have a fullscreen game running, the problem has never been seen.

6. Also after I posted this, I thought about it and searched online and found the monitor drivers here. That did not help.

So these random screen flicks happen just once every random few minutes or hours.

What could it be? It is extremely irritating to have these flicks come up and disturb you every 15~20 minutes or so.

:)

junaidnaseer2, Dec 27, 2020
  2. JED
    jed Win User

Screen Tearing from GPU OC - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hey all,

Just upgraded to Windows 10 today. My Windows 7 wasn't even taking Live Updates anymore, so time to call it quits. I ran my 7900 perfectly fine at 1095 / 1395 during my Windows 7 time. Today after I got everything ready to go, I reinstalled the correct driver for Windows 10 and turned up the OC. Even bringing up the clock by 10 MHZ, it would cause terrible screen tears. Tried upping the power control but that didn't make a difference. Temps were fine.

Looking for help with this. Not sure why it would make such a drastic difference in screen tearing with an OS upgrade.

3. MartinK Win User
    Windows 10 & Nvidia Flash Player full screen freezing issue

I have exactly the same problem. After 3 minutes, picture freezes, sound goes on. It appeared after win 10 reinstalation. Any help appreciated.

MartinK, Dec 27, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10

Windows 10 & Nvidia Flash Player full screen freezing issue

I've got an issue when I'm watching streaming flash video in full screen the video freezes after a couple of minutes, the sound is still there as is the video when you exit out of full screen and enable it again until it happens again 2-3 minutes later, I've disabled hardware acceleration for a stream I have been watching tonight and for the last 15 mins it hasn't happened which leads me to think theres some kind of conflict going on between Windows 10, Flash and my NV drivers (running latest updated 2 days ago from GF experience) anyone have or had a similar issue?

NdMk2o1o, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10

1. Random screen-flicks/flashes/screen-tearing once every 10~15 minutes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random screen flicks

2. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen > 15 minutes: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Pro User. Here's my specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎17-‎Sep-‎21 OS build...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing: Hello, thanks for reading. I just reinstalled Windows 10 because my last install was bloated, corrupted and a big part was I just swapped my old GTX 670 with a GTX 970. I have an issue though, I don't think this happened on my old install, but I can tell when I'm dragging the...
  4. Screen flashes every 10 minutes - WDWGWHW <- What?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flashes every 10 minutes - WDWGWHW <- What?: Every 10 minutes I get a split second flash of the below I captured with OBSI can not find it in Regedit, and I can not find it in my appdata searches.I've run Malwarebytes, Trojan remover and Bitdefender is my virus scanner.I can not find any data in Google searches either....
  5. Random flash on screen every few seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random flash on screen every few seconds: I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks...
  6. Windows Crashes Every 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Crashes Every 10-15 minutes: Every time I try and do something that worked perfectly fine yesterday get a BSOD with the stop code memory management. I’ve never had a problem with this before. I’ve reseated my ram, didn’t fix anything. I’ve tried to run diagnostics that don’t even finish before the...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Screen Tearing: So, sometimes my screen tears and I restart my graphics driver (Ctrl+Shift+Win+B). The screens go blank and they reset their display settings and the tearing problem is fixed. But If I see Task Manager, Windows Problem Reporting is using 100% Disk and then I went to the...
  8. Windows blue screen every 5-15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen every 5-15 minutes: Hello! I'm desperated about Windows 10. After I have made a fresh installation of Windows 10, every 5-15 minutes I get a blue screen. my desktop System: Mainboard - Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H. Bios Version 10 RAM - Kingston ValueRAM DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-1600, CL11 (KVR16N11S8K28)...
  9. Screen flickers every 5 - 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers every 5 - 15 minutes: My computer screen flickers every 5 to 15 minutes, I know its not the issue of the monitor as the flickering changes under certain circumstances. When I game, I do not get any screen flickering at all. In fact it only happens when I am not watching a video fullscreen or...
  10. Screen Tearing with WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing with WIN 10: [IMG][ATTACH]Hello I bought laptop lenovo IP 320 with the following features with windwos 10 https[ATTACH]/www.mytek.tn/pc-portable/12255-pc-portable-lenovo-ideapad-320-i5-7e-gen-4go-1to-2go-dediee-.... so after 6 months of sifting I have problems with all the program...