Windows 10: Random screen freezes

Discus and support Random screen freezes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop for the past few weeks. At completely random intervals, my screen will completely freeze,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/drask102, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Random screen freezes

I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop for the past few weeks. At completely random intervals, my screen will completely freeze, preventing me from moving my mouse or viewing any changes on my screen. However, my computer itself is still running; I can still continue to hear videos or Zoom calls, I am just unable to interact with anything. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

submitted by /u/drask102
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/drask102, Sep 21, 2020
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Sep 21, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. Random screen freezes

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Random screen freezes

1. Random screen freezes - Similar Threads - Random screen freezes

2. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  3. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES: Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as...
  4. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  5. Random screen freeze

Random screen freeze: Hello, I had bought an Lenovo laptop 2 years back and suddenly I have got an problem of random screen freeze due to which, I had even changed its disk to an ssd but that did not solve the problem and now whenever I on it it and open it it kust freeze in some second's but...
  6. Random freezes and screen restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes and screen restarts: For the last month or so (maybe longer) I've been having this weird problem with my Windows 10 PC. My computer just randomly freezes and then the screen goes black and eventually turns back on like 30 seconds later. I have no idea why this is happening. It's not restarting...
  7. Screen freezes randomly

Screen freezes randomly: Hello, Since some months ago i´m getting random freezes no matter what im doing in the pc, playing, browsing the web or even when the pc is idle. I haven´t done any hadware changes except the graphics card that i upgraded a week ago, this didn´t change anything because i...
  8. Random BSOD and screen freeze

Random BSOD and screen freeze: Hello everyone, how are you all doing? So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7.... It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen...
  9. random crashes and screen freezes

random crashes and screen freezes: need help troubleshooting my random crashes and screen freezes, i have to manually reboot sometimes to solve the issue or it will just auto restart see attached zip for the dump, thanks! 55188
  10. Random Screen freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Screen freezing: I see this issue has been discussed but my situation seems to be different. I have random freezing of the screen on my PC which requires a restart to clear. I have always assembled my own PC so refer to my system build at the tab below. I have run the Mem86 test and with 8...