Windows 10: Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

Discus and support Random screen locking following user across multiple devices in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WhereOwl, Apr 12, 2022.

1. WhereOwl Win User

Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same thing. When we log into his machine, the issue does not replicate for us - only for him and on any machine he logs into. He will be actively using the device and the screen will go black, then sends him to the lock screen to enter his password. Sometimes it will lock again while he is actively typing his password. All of his power and sleep settings are adjusted to the same thing as all other end users for our company.It seems odd that the issue i

:)

WhereOwl, Apr 12, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Random screen blackout, sometimes followed by a crash

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it works:

Method 1: I suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest display drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the display drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.

• Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 12, 2022
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices - Similar Threads - Random screen locking

2. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen locking following user across multiple devices: I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same thing. When we log into his machine, the issue does not replicate for us - only for him and on any machine he logs into. He...
  3. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screen locking following user across multiple devices: I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same thing. When we log into his machine, the issue does not replicate for us - only for him and on any machine he logs into. He...
  4. Random BSOD on multiple devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD on multiple devices: Hello,I have a HP ProBook 450 G6, HP EliteBook 850 G5, and a HP EliteBook 850 G7 that all keep crashing at random times. All three machines are fully up to date running 21H1. I have collected mini dumps from all 3 and they are all showing crashes on rtump64x64.sys and...
  5. yahoo mail across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail across multiple devices: I have a laptop, iPhone and iPad and want to link all of them to the same yahoo account. How do I do that? I keep getting password errors on each of them....
  6. Shared screen time across devices?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Shared screen time across devices?: Hi! I have two kids with both laptops running Windows 10, smartphones and tablets both running the Microsoft Launcher. I want to give my kids 1,5 h. screen time each day, SHARED across devices and not depending on what app or software is used. I have configured the time...
  7. Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently lock taskbar to right screen with multiple user accounts?: On my home PC I run 2 screens, and also 2 user accounts, one for my wife and I and one for my son. When it's logged into my account, I always keep the task bar locked to the right screen, because I run CAD and 3D design software on my left screen (left screen set to primary)...
  8. New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer...

in Browsers and Email
    New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer...: Saw this today and had to take a break from my sabbatical...... NEW YORK (AP) — Some 60 companies including such leading brands as Subway, Sprint and the NFL are joining forces to help each other follow you around online. Adobe, a company better known for Photoshop...
  9. Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?: I use w10 on 3 devices, a mid range gaming PC, linx7 tablet, and lumia640. On the whole the experience is pretty good, syncing works well, reminders, alarms, contacts etc. This was one of the reasons I opted for android early, using chrome on a PC gave a similar, yet skimmed...
  10. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based): Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices. Regards Josh 11725