Windows 10: Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

Discus and support Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I am facing three different issues(not sure if related): 1) I recently started seeing these random freezes where screen becomes unresponsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mvikramreddy92, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

Hello I am facing three different issues(not sure if related):

1) I recently started seeing these random freezes where screen becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. But I am able to navigate via keyboard. No problem with the mouse itself. Happens with trackpad as well.

[youtube]377DgqKT9wQ[/youtube]

2) With my Nvidia shield controller plugged in, there is no audio from speakers when I open games and movies in vlc player. Also audio is not recorded( and not played as well) in camtasia studio, MSI afterburner. This issue started when I was messing with camtasia studio and spread to other apps.
    This issue vanishes when I unplug the controller. Is the audio outputing to controller? If that's the case, the recorded video(while the controller plugged in) in camtasia should give sound when the controller is removed. But it doesn't. Does it mean, controller is trying to act like a microphone as well and not recording anything?

3) There are also minor cursor lags when opening or closing some applications.

Disabled startup apps:

Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags  and no audio issue [​IMG]

Disabled services:

Adobe acrobat update service
    Dell data vault
    Dell data vault wizard
    Alienware digital delivery service
    NVIDIA experience geforce service
    Alienware graphics amplifier windows service
    Macrium reflect image mounting service
    Steam client service
    Dell support assist agent
    Adobe switchboard

Disabled hardware: (after started getting the issue)
    nvidia virtual audio device (wave extensible) (wdm)

Disabled driver: (after started getting the issue)
    NVIDIA HD Audio driver

Any help on how to solve these would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Laptop model: Alienware 17 R3 970m 8gb ram

:)

mvikramreddy92, Jan 16, 2016

2. Mouse pointer jumps and stutters after upgrade to 4k monitor.

I just watched the video you posted -- i don't think we had have the same problem. Your stuttering was constant whenever that mouse was used. Mine is more random -- like when if i close a window and move the mouse quickly somewhere the cursor will lag.

ronaldjeremy, Jan 16, 2016
  3. aziraj Win User
    Mouse and Keyboard lagging and slow response since Windows 10 update

Almost a year later and I have the same lagging issue in Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 product. The problem is much more noticeable when multiple monitors are involved. Major lag problem moving the mouse between monitors. The lagging is also noticeable using
    Microsoft Edge. Moving mouse/cursor to a monitor showing desktop is ok, but cursor lag is noticed as soon as Microsoft Edge or Outlook 2016 is on the same monitor. The lag is sometimes as much as 20 seconds at times. Very frustrating.

aziraj, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

1. Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue - Similar Threads - Random screen unresponsiveness

2. lagging unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lagging unresponsive: My laptop is unresponsive lagging with keyboard input etc. I wonder, why at high load the processor goes to a fraction of the available speed. Powersettings are set to speedstep and maximum cpu but this here is what actually is happening ***** moved from german to english...
  3. lagging unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lagging unresponsive: My laptop is unresponsive lagging with keyboard input etc. I wonder, why at high load the processor goes to a fraction of the available speed. Powersettings are set to speedstep and maximum cpu but this here is what actually is happening ***** moved from german to english...
  4. Cursor Lag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Lag Issue: I am having issues where the cursor suddenly stops moving as I move the mouse, making it very hard to get to th part of the screen I need to get to. I have not had this issue before with these devices and have even changed surfaces to double check this is not the issue.I have...
  5. Cursor Lag Issue

Cursor Lag Issue: I am having issues where the cursor suddenly stops moving as I move the mouse, making it very hard to get to th part of the screen I need to get to. I have not had this issue before with these devices and have even changed surfaces to double check this is not the issue.I have...
  6. Cursor Lag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. unresponsive cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  8. unresponsive cursor

unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  9. Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive: Hi, I have windows 10 and it has always been slow. Cortana doesn't work. Start menu shows up greyed out the first time of use then second time opens after a few seconds delay. All actions take a good few seconds longer to perform than they should. I sent the pc back to...
  10. Glitchy Audio and Lagging Cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitchy Audio and Lagging Cursor: I have some new bluetooth speakers, however, whenever I try to listen to a video online or to some music the audio keeps on glitching out and the overall sound quality is bad. Is there anyway I can fix this? I already troubleshooted using the control panel audio trouble...