Windows 10: Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

Discus and support Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm encountering a number of random scrolling issues within Edge and other Universal/Modern/Store apps. When scrolling a web page, the page gets... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rkennedy01, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

I'm encountering a number of random scrolling issues within Edge and other Universal/Modern/Store apps. When scrolling a web page, the page gets "stuck" and won't move within the browser window. Edge itself remains responsive - I can reload the page, or close its tab. And other tabs remain unaffected. Also, links on the page itself still work. I can actually interact with the portion of the page that's visible, just not scroll it in any direction. Reloading the page doesn't fix it, but if I close the tab and reopen it, then load the page again, it works (happened just this morning on "Dilbert.com" when viewing one of Scott Adams' blog entries).

I've noticed this behavior in at least one other app: Readiy (an RSS reader app). In the main "All Items" view, the list of articles will often become "stuck," much like a web page in Edge. I've also noticed the behavior occurs more often when using the touchpad in the Type Cover of my Surface.

Note: I'm running the Insider Preview build 10532 on a Surface 3 (not Pro) w/4GB RAM.

Anyone encountering anything similar?

RCK

:)

rkennedy01, Sep 13, 2015

2. jumping web pages

Hi, I am having a problem with my browser jumping to other web pages when I scroll or click. This happens in Edge, internet explorer,and google. It happens with two different mice.and new drivers. It happens seemingly at random. What is causing this?

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Website issues / Windows 10

RogerMcBrayer, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Scrolling Inconsistency on Precision Trackpad

I am using a Dell XPS 13 9343 with a precision touchpad. Running the November Update of Windows 10 and latest updates installed through release preview ring. There is no separate touchpad app, and all settings are embedded in the control panel->mouse and
    in settings-> devices->mouse and touchpad.

The problem I'm facing is with scrolling. Legacy apps ( Chrome, windows media player, ms office) all scroll normally, and I can adjust how fast they scroll from the mouse settings in control panel. The Universal Windows Apps (Groove Music, Microsoft Edge)
    handles scrolling independent of the control panel. The problem is that scrolling in universal apps is very slow and there is no way to adjust it. Changing how many lines to scroll in control panel has no effect on modern apps.

So, I end up with a fast scrolling on legacy apps and slow scrolling on modern apps. The experience is highly inconsistent.

This problem is faced by all laptops with a precision touchpad. Is there any way to adjust the scrolling on modern apps on a precision touchpad?

HaritHoney, Sep 13, 2015
  4. stephen Win User

Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

Yep, me too.

I've given up on Edge for now, I've switched to Opera, works fine.
    I'll try it again after the next update.

stephen, Sep 13, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    This is an old reported problem, but I'm still having the scrolling problem in the latest Win 10 1511 build.

fireberd, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Reldel Win User
    Happens frequently, when "stuck" I have found you need to move slider on side of screen to release lockup. Also see that scrolling is inconsistent even using Microsoft Sculpt mouse.

Reldel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

1. Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps - Similar Threads - Random Scrolling Issues

2. Windows 11 will scroll in on random apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will scroll in on random apps: Im using the operating system Windows 11 and I've recently noticed that on some apps its randomly scrolling in endlessly. For example some apps are paint 3d, photos and even settings wont let me scroll down out up. Ive been trying to fix this problem for days and its driving...
  3. Windows 11 will scroll in on random apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will scroll in on random apps: Im using the operating system Windows 11 and I've recently noticed that on some apps its randomly scrolling in endlessly. For example some apps are paint 3d, photos and even settings wont let me scroll down out up. Ive been trying to fix this problem for days and its driving...
  4. Issue turning on Edge universal tablet Model# EM-CD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue turning on Edge universal tablet Model# EM-CD: Hi I recently purchased the Microsost Edge universal tablet for my grand niece. We charged it for 8 hours and after she finished, she signed out. I plugged it in to charge and tablet won't turn on or function in any way. Is there a quick fix?...
  5. Random Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Scrolling: Hello hello! This morning after turning on my PC, i seem to have run into an odd issue, and I ca't seem to find any sort of fix for it. I've been on with Microsoft support 2 separate times, but they don't seem to be able to fix the issue, or they fix it and it comes...
  6. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  7. Scrolling issue in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Scrolling issue in Edge: Sometimes when I am scrolling using scrollwheel in Edge, it dismisses page to left or right like swiping on a touchscreen. I just had to write this post a second time as it juts did it! 97361
  8. Random Scrolling Problem in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Problem in Edge: This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it. I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility problems between Edge and the sites but I don't see any "compatibility" options like there are in Internet Explorer. The problem,...
  9. Photos app and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...
  10. scrolling issues among others

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling issues among others: I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I bought it, it performed flawlessly. Now, after who knows how many updates, not so well. Frequently, scrolling rushes away from me as though I gave the touch screen the sharpest “flick” imaginable. This happens at least once...