Windows 10: Random Scrolling Problem in Edge

Discus and support Random Scrolling Problem in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it. I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jan 9, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

Random Scrolling Problem in Edge

This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it.

I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility problems between Edge and the sites but I don't see any "compatibility" options like there are in Internet Explorer. The problem, when scrolling through pages on a site, such as Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store I will be looking at items and scrolling will slow down and then get to a point it will no longer scroll through the page(s). Reloading the site and starting over will sometimes fix it and sometimes it will go back to the no scroll. I've also noticed this in the Cakewalk Sonar forum, Cakewalk Forums There are also others. If I switch over to Internet Explorer (or Firefox) I don't have the problem.

I'm on the latest version of Win 10.

:)

fireberd, Jan 9, 2016

2. jumping web pages

Hi, I am having a problem with my browser jumping to other web pages when I scroll or click. This happens in Edge, internet explorer,and google. It happens with two different mice.and new drivers. It happens seemingly at random. What is causing this?

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Website issues / Windows 10

RogerMcBrayer, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, random blue flashes when scrolling, laggy typing on some sites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to update all the pending updates and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 9, 2016
  4. wjay Win User

We have two pc's where we both have the same problem but on different web sites . When I scroll down towards the bottom of a multiple page website the scroll moves the screen down (or up) and then jumps back to where it was .This happens on different unrelated websites but not on most others . I have tried playing with settings for mouse , uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers ,reinstalled a backup copy , nothing makes any difference . We are both on the same windows 10 pro , different pc's and different monitors so I dont believe this is a hardware problem .
    Anyone any ideas ?

wjay, Feb 9, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    This was posted a year ago. As of now, I'm not seeing the problem.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Scrolling Problem in Edge - Similar Threads - Random Scrolling Problem

2. random hover scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random hover scrolling: when im hovering over something its randomly scrolling does anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hover-scrolling/3663fbbe-3ac6-4c85-b1f5-fc8f55743ebf
  3. random hover scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random hover scrolling: when im hovering over something its randomly scrolling does anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hover-scrolling/3663fbbe-3ac6-4c85-b1f5-fc8f55743ebf
  4. Random scrolling thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random scrolling thing: My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen too long or open the messages on the xbox app, how can i fix this without having to continuously having to restart my...
  5. Random scrolling thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random scrolling thing: My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen too long or open the messages on the xbox app, how can i fix this without having to continuously having to restart my...
  6. Random scrolling thing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Scrolling: Hello hello! This morning after turning on my PC, i seem to have run into an odd issue, and I ca't seem to find any sort of fix for it. I've been on with Microsoft support 2 separate times, but they don't seem to be able to fix the issue, or they fix it and it comes...
  8. Scrolling issue in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Scrolling issue in Edge: Sometimes when I am scrolling using scrollwheel in Edge, it dismisses page to left or right like swiping on a touchscreen. I just had to write this post a second time as it juts did it! 97361
  9. Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling

in Browsers and Email
    Problem (+solution) with Edge dismissing screens by mouse scrolling: I have reported this issue on feedback hub. When I use Edge and scroll up and down, it often dismisses current screen effectively swipes left or right rather than scrolling up or down. This makes Edge more or less unusable on my PC which is a shame as I prefer it in...
  10. Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps: I'm encountering a number of random scrolling issues within Edge and other Universal/Modern/Store apps. When scrolling a web page, the page gets "stuck" and won't move within the browser window. Edge itself remains responsive - I can reload the page, or close its tab. And...