Windows 10: Random scrolling thing

Discus and support Random scrolling thing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cooopa L, May 15, 2022.

1. Cooopa L Win User

Random scrolling thing

My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen too long or open the messages on the xbox app, how can i fix this without having to continuously having to restart my computer and having to deal with it again a minute later?

:)

Cooopa L, May 15, 2022
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, May 15, 2022
  3. stub Win User
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling

Hi,

I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the list stops scrolling, but immediately begins scrolling back to the top at what seems like double/triple speed So it is practically impossible to stop the scroll to choose the subdirectory I want to Select. I've only just discovered that if I start with the folder icon, I can select the folder I want. But, the process of scrolling I'm describing seems to flow thru to other programs, like FileZilla as one example. So it's almost impossible to use Filezilla any more.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix this?

Another thing. Which looks like it might be related. The scrollbar on the right of the screen also seems to be working weirdly. I am unable to click on this scrollbar and scroll the screen up and down. it will only scroll if I click above or below scrollbar. Which is doubtful if it will actually place the piece of the screen I actually want to scroll too. I think this also started about the same time as the above problem.

rgds
    stu

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random scrolling thing

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Random scrolling thing

1. Random scrolling thing - Similar Threads - Random scrolling thing

2. random hover scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random hover scrolling: when im hovering over something its randomly scrolling does anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hover-scrolling/3663fbbe-3ac6-4c85-b1f5-fc8f55743ebf
  3. random hover scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random hover scrolling: when im hovering over something its randomly scrolling does anyone know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hover-scrolling/3663fbbe-3ac6-4c85-b1f5-fc8f55743ebf
  4. random hover scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random scrolling thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random scrolling thing: My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen too long or open the messages on the xbox app, how can i fix this without having to continuously having to restart my...
  6. Random scrolling thing

Random scrolling thing: My windows 10 randomly decides to auto scroll on things such as the windows menu, xbox app, notifihcation bar, settings, etc. when im either fullscreen too long or open the messages on the xbox app, how can i fix this without having to continuously having to restart my...
  7. Somehow some things keep scrolling down!

Somehow some things keep scrolling down!: Hello PC Detectives - i really need your help on this one:Case: Some Windows and some websites keep scrolling down & whenever i hover over the volume bar of something it does the same.It is not my mouse nor my keyboard and i already restarted my PC without any devices...
  8. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  9. Random Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Scrolling: Hello hello! This morning after turning on my PC, i seem to have run into an odd issue, and I ca't seem to find any sort of fix for it. I've been on with Microsoft support 2 separate times, but they don't seem to be able to fix the issue, or they fix it and it comes...
  10. Random things going on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random things going on: Ok, so I have no idea what is going on. I rearranged my living room and disconnected everything last night. I put everything back together, and now my computer is doing random things. When I have FB pulled up, i try to open chat boxes, they close automatically, and letters...