Windows 10: Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?

Discus and support Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I keep getting a security alert pop up in the background every minute or so, and when I click for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BambooFighting, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?

I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I keep getting a security alert pop up in the background every minute or so, and when I click for more details it says the certificate is intended to ensure the identity of a remote computer from cloudflare-dns.com. I don't know what that is and Google hasn't been particularly helpful so far. Any help is appreciated.

Windows version 1809

Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com? [​IMG]

:)

BambooFighting, Feb 25, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Cloudfare, Quad9, Google, OPEN - the DNS wars!

Extensive list of DNS services:
    Secure DNS servers

Keeping it updated for 4 years now. Currently, Cloudflare DNS holds the crown in 2 departments, performance and privacy. Stay away from Google though. It's an option, but I wouldn't recommend it.

RejZoR, Feb 25, 2020
  3. lynx29 Win User
    Cloudfare, Quad9, Google, OPEN - the DNS wars!

thank you kindly, I feel much more confident now switching to Cloudflare. ALL HAIL! REZJOR!

lynx29, Feb 25, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?

Irritating Security Alert

Sounds like you've chosen Cloudflare's DNS servers at 1.1.1.1 and possibly also 1.0.0.1 as your DNS servers. If accessing those servers brings certificate issues along with it, that would explain what you're seeing. That said, I just changed my DNS assigments to those addresses, and I'm not getting any such error message. You may want to check your IPv4 properties for your active NIC and see if it looks like this:

Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com? [​IMG]

If it does, you could try changing those addresses to Google's temporarily 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (IPv6 addresses are 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844). If making that change (or those changes) causes the alert to go away, that would count as proof positive that something is amiss with Cloudflare's certificate(s).
    I'm incredibly curious about what's going on here, so please follow up, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?

1. Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com? - Similar Threads - Random Security Alert

2. Windows Security showing random alert!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security showing random alert!: What is this message that windows security is showing. It started to happen after the recent update of Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-showing-random-alert/c304839f-0358-4937-a001-ed323acf3931
  3. Windows Security showing random alert!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security showing random alert!: What is this message that windows security is showing. It started to happen after the recent update of Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-showing-random-alert/c304839f-0358-4937-a001-ed323acf3931
  4. security alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  5. security alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  6. SECURITY ALERT PURPORTEDLY FROM WINDOWS SECURITY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SECURITY ALERT PURPORTEDLY FROM WINDOWS SECURITY: I just clicked on a link to a gardening article in BING when a blue-screen - all over the monitor - appeared telling me my pc had been compromised, "Windows Defender" was showing me a telephone link and I was advised to get an engineer straight away. Now, I have the paid...
  7. Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Security Alert from cloudflare-dns.com?: I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I keep getting a security alert pop up in the background every minute or so, and when I click for more details it says the certificate is intended to ensure the identity of a remote computer from cloudflare-dns.com. I don't know...
  8. security alert from microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security alert from microsoft: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>this is the email address the alert came from,I did not click on anything from this alert Is this fake.I think it is...
  9. DNS Cloudflare problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Cloudflare problem: I have a url that I'm using cloudflare for to provide ssl: rachel-lumsden.net as can be seen here: http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=6588082E If I run nslookup from a cmd windows on my Windows10 laptop then it comes back with the ip address of the host server. If I run the...
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloudflare-dns.com security alert

2. what is this message from cloudfare-dns.com

3. cloudflare-dns.com certificate apple