Windows 10: Random series of beeps from computer speakers.

Discus and support Random series of beeps from computer speakers. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so just today this issue started. Randomly, while using my computer, I will get a series of beeps from my speakers when I do things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dmott, Apr 29, 2019.

1. dmott Win User

Random series of beeps from computer speakers.

Alright so just today this issue started. Randomly, while using my computer, I will get a series of beeps from my speakers when I do things like Alt+Tab out of a game, open a File Explorer window, etc. When these beeps happen, my computer slows down for a brief moment. You can hear the beeping sound here It is sometimes just one beep, other times it's 3, 4, or 5 beeps.

I was trying to encode a video earlier, while multitasking, and then the beeps occured, it completely froze my video editing application, as well as a couple of other apps, and I had to hard reset.

I'm fairly tech savvy, but I've never heard a computer make this sound before. I have no idea what it is. The only changes I have made to the PC just before the issue started, was downloading Mortal Kombat 11 (from Steam), downloading the Ultrawide Fix + 60fps unlock mod (here), and downloading Wallpaper Engine (from Steam).

I feel pretty safe that MK11 and WE from Steam didn't cause any problems, so that leaves the mod. However I see no other users encountering this issue after using the mod, and there are multiple articles regarding it, as well as posts on the MK subreddit. I don't think the issue is from the mod either. I ran Malwarebytes, and while it did get a positive hit on the mod, the articles suggest that it is safe and these hits are false positives due to the way the mod works (reading keypresses for hotkeys while in game, it thinks it's a keylogger).

Regardless, I used Malwarebytes to quarantine the mod and the issue persists.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

i7-9700K

EVGA 1080Ti FTW3

16GB G.Skill TridentZ

Gigabyte Aorus Master

:)

dmott, Apr 29, 2019

2. Windows speaker beep

Hi Jules,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution and to narrow down your concern with
    Windows speaker beep sound, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you trying to disable system beep?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 29, 2019
  3. liz449 Win User
    Random beeping on my computer

Please help. My computer has been making weird and random beeping noises. It does not happen on start up, it is random. I have googled everything. I have no idea what it could be. I've tried a lot of things. When I mute the computer, the beeps go away. PLEASE
    HELP ME THIS IS SO ANNOYING.

This happened after I installed Windows 10.

liz449, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Random series of beeps from computer speakers.

Beep, beep . . . Beep

That series of beeps is a POST error code, most likely the computer is telling you what is wrong with it. You need to go to the packard bell website or contact their tech support and find out what they mean. It will narrow down the list of problems.

Polaris573, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Random series of beeps from computer speakers.

1. Random series of beeps from computer speakers. - Similar Threads - Random series beeps

2. Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random beeping through speakers, search boxes opening randomly and typing "-bn/": I installed a new CPU and immediately had an issue where the pc would force a normal shutdown. It would beep through the speakers before closing all my windows and shutting down as if I had clicked "Shut Down" or pressed the power button, not a sudden loss of power. It was...
  3. Computer random crashes and motherboard beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer random crashes and motherboard beeping: Prior to this my computer was running while i was gaming then i turned off my outlet by accident From here my motherboard started beepingI left unplugged for a couple days then booted and it started working againI would then get random crashes ranging from couple minutes or 8...
  4. random beeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random beeping: hey, so each time i load up any game, these beeps start playing? i don't know what it is but it's really getting on my nerves. if anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. thanks in advance! https://voca.ro/1msxIlAQp9A8 submitted by /u/akr1277 [link] [comments]...
  5. Double beep from speakers

Double beep from speakers: Hi, my notebook plays strange double beeps and sometimes repeats it continuously for a few minutes...could it be due to a RAM error? How do I fix it? The sound comes from the speakers or from the headphones/headphones if they are connected. I have windows 10. The notebook is...
  6. Beeping noise from computer?

Beeping noise from computer?: My Pavilion HP All-in-one started beeping very loud today. I turned it on, then there were 3 low beeps, then continuous, high-pitched beeps. I have no clue what happened over night as I used it before the incident. My windows version is Windows 10....
  7. Beeping noise from computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Beeping noise from computer?: My Pavilion HP All-in-one started beeping very loud today. I turned it on, then there were 3 low beeps, then continuous, high-pitched beeps. I have no clue what happened over night as I used it before the incident. My windows version is Windows 10....
  8. Random Beeping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Beeping: I'm getting a seemingly random beeping out of my computer. It doesn't happen in any pattern, and doesn't play on startup. It sounds like the beep related to sticky keys, but sticky keys is not on, and I don't see any other accessibility setting on. When the beep happens, the...
  9. My computer beeps randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer beeps randomly.: My computer beeps randomly when I open, close or minimize tabs. 132989
  10. Random Beep

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Beep: I originally upgraded 7 to 10 and ran that for about 3 weeks, some odd issues came up and decided to wipe out everything and reinstall 10 from the ISO. Well off topic for this question the wipe drive option on installing 10 did not delete anything from my hard drive for some...