Windows 10: Random shut down while gaming

Discus and support Random shut down while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IAimBoots, Nov 18, 2020.

1. IAimBoots Win User

Random shut down while gaming

So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630

While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following:

For the Critical event (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.)
    - System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 8

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-11-17T23:00:55.6564319Z

EventRecordID 3888

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-TBSC6JU

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 3
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
    LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

And now the warning that occurred at the same time (The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000.)
    - System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}

EventID 219

Version 0

Level 3

Task 212

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-11-17T23:00:55.7286785Z

EventRecordID 3891

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 548

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-TBSC6JU

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DriverNameLength 40
    DriverName ROOT\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000
    Status 3221226341
    FailureNameLength 14
    FailureName \Driver\WudfRd
    Version 0

:)

IAimBoots, Nov 18, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Random shut down while gaming :confused:*Mad Random shut down while gaming :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Nov 18, 2020
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 18, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

1. Random shut down while gaming - Similar Threads - Random shut down

2. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  3. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  4. System shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shuts down while gaming: Hello i am using Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED KD laptop and while playing games laptop sometimes shuts down suddenly before shut down fan speed increases then shut down.I only have one dump file System shuts down but mostly not bsod so there is not much file and i don't understand...
  5. System shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down while gaming: Hello i am using Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED KD laptop and while playing games laptop sometimes shuts down suddenly before shut down fan speed increases then shut down.I only have one dump file System shuts down but mostly not bsod so there is not much file and i don't understand...
  6. PC Shutting down while gaming

PC Shutting down while gaming: Hello,2 months ago, I built a PC. I usually use it for gaming[CSGO, MC] and some web stuff. But I'm experiencing a crash problem. My PC just shut down while I play games. In View Reliability History I found 2 things: 1. Windows was not properly shut downThe previous system...
  7. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  8. Random shut down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down while gaming: So I'm not actually getting a BSOD, but this seemed like the best place to post this. I am using Windows 10 Education, Build 19042.630 While gaming, my PC will shut down sometimes. Going to the event viewer, I find the following: For the Critical event (The system has...
  9. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run: For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not...
  10. Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly shuts down while gaming: I am at a loss on this issue I'm having. I can't tell if this is software or hardware. About two weeks ago, my home built rig randomly started doing two things it's never done before. Firstly, while playing various games, it just completely powers down. There's no...