Windows 10: Random Shut Downs

Discus and support Random Shut Downs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tj0927, Feb 4, 2021.

1. tj0927 Win User

Random Shut Downs

Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a slight slight chance I may have installed the CPU onto the pad with the thermal paste in a sub-optimal way. But recently sometimes my computer just randomly turns off (not sleep mode or anything, just entirely off), yesterday I was playing a game and it just totally shut off, when I tried to turn in back on the MoBo beeped I think 3 times and my things seemed to power on but it looked to be struggling, and then it shut off again. When I say it looked to be struggling I mean that the leds looked underpowered. Some quick info real quick, I did a user benchmark test and everything is mostly fine except my SSD is underperforming by like 10 percent, but it says my ram is doing just fine. I am not overclocking anything except for my RAM to 3200mhz. When I unplugged the power cable from the wall and then put it back in, and then turned on my psu, my computer started working fine like it is right now. I later ran a CPU test and under CineBench max load, my temps got to 82C, but it usually stays below 60 if I ever play a game or anything, and around 40 for everything else. When I purchased my PSU, i read a whole lot of review about how it terrible, but it has been working for over a month and the only weird thing that happens is sometimes my screen goes black and then back on for like a split second probably once every couple of hours. In addition, sometimes when I'm not paying attention my computer shuts off and when I check windows reliability it does not tell me anything besides windows shut down for an unexpected reason. Any idea as to what is the problem? Thanks so much.

:)

tj0927, Feb 4, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Random Shut Downs :confused:*Mad Random Shut Downs :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Wile E Win User
    Random shut downs

Could be a software conflict of some sort. What programs are running when it shuts down? I had a thing like this happen to me with an AMD setup a couple years back. Core Temp would cause random shut downs.

Wile E, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Random Shut Downs

Random shut-down

Hi Vijay

Thanks for all your efforts. I have failed to zip the files you want, but hey, I'll keep trying.

However, somewhere in the Microsoft Community I remembered seeing some suggestion about an application which seemed to be causing trouble. It was called something like "Advanced System Management. So, I located this file (with difficulty!) and, what the
    heck, deleted it. I then found that my PC was shutting down regularly, in fact at the times given in the Power Management. So, I set those times to "Turn off the screen after 1 hour" and Turn off the computer after NEVER" My PC hasn't shut down now for about
    twenty-four hours, and it's still running.

Goodness knows what other problems I may have created by deleting that application but my random shut-down seems to have been cured.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Best wishes

Trevor Bailey.

TrevorBaileyYA, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Random Shut Downs

1. Random Shut Downs - Similar Threads - Random Shut Downs

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  6. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  7. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  8. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...
  9. Diagnosing random shut downs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diagnosing random shut downs: My in-laws PC, which I built for them, has recently started to shut down on it's own. They also claim that sometimes it will not boot up. I have it back at my house, and it seems to be running fine. I let it run overnight, ran it through some benchmarks to stress it, and it...
  10. Desktop randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop randomly shuts down: I've been having this issue, where my computer will randomly lose power without warning(or at least that's what it acts like). I'm not sure what is causing it, but I tested the power supply with a multimeter and the voltage is well above the needed amount. when it happens, my...