Windows 10: Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

Discus and support Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently replaced the dead battery in my Dell Latitude E6440 (Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362). I bought the battery on eBay for a lot less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by midsomerjambo, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

Hi,

I recently replaced the dead battery in my Dell Latitude E6440 (Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362). I bought the battery on eBay for a lot less than Dell wanted to charge me but it seems to have an issue with ACPI in that the laptop randomly shuts down when in its docking station. The BIOS error log makes reference to ACPI-commanded shutdowns so I made various adjustments to the advanced power settings Battery section (mainly Critical Battery Action, which I set to "do nothing"). This didn't help. So I then disabled the ACPI battery device driver in Device Manager and this appears to have cured the random shutdowns, although I now have no battery monitor on the taskbar or any means of getting any battery information other than from the BIOS, (which indicates that the battery is still charging, by the way). Ideally, I'd like to have ACPI enabled so I can have a battery monitor in W10 but since I don't use it on battery all that often, it's not the end of the world if I need to keep it disabled. I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this and if so, what course of action you took to resolve it. In addition, I was wondering if I'm likely to encounter any short/medium/long-term issues with my laptop by having ACPI disabled.

All the best, Gerry

:)

midsomerjambo, Jan 24, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 24, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

FreeBooter, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

1. Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement - Similar Threads - Random Shutdown Battery

2. Random laptop shut downs after battery replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random laptop shut downs after battery replacement.: I have recently changed my laptop's HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh0xxx battery HP HT03041XL because of its negative performance. However, instead of making the laptop work correctly, a new problem came up unexpectedly. While using the computer random shut downs with no...
  3. Random laptop shut downs after battery replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random laptop shut downs after battery replacement.: I have recently changed my laptop's HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh0xxx battery HP HT03041XL because of its negative performance. However, instead of making the laptop work correctly, a new problem came up unexpectedly. While using the computer random shut downs with no...
  4. Battery draining after shutdown

Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  5. Battery drains after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  6. Battery drains after shutdown.

Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  7. Battery drain after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain after shutdown: HP OMEN 15 0023-AMD 7 / newish / all software/FW updated. Battery drains 8% a day after shutdown. There is no csenabled item in regedit!!!!!! Did all the normal stuff like /S shutdown and turned off any fast boot items I could find. Made all functions shut down and not...
  8. battery drains fast or it randomly shutdowns after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery drains fast or it randomly shutdowns after upgrade: Hi! I just recently upgraded my girlfriend's laptop to windows 10 as it is still running on windows 8 pro and I just recently installed a new RAM and when I boot up the device, the user available memory is only about 2GB so I did troubleshoot it and led me to doing a format...
  9. Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.: hi, i have got a 3 year old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running the latest version of windows 08/06/2020 - 15:36 GMT. i had anAS16B5J battery which came with the laptop running at 11.1 V and 5300mAh / 58.8 Wh capacity, it worked fine for 3 years but needed replacing. i bought...
  10. Battery issues/random shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery issues/random shutdowns: At the beginning of this year, I noticed something odd with regard to the charging/battery life of my pc. It started off merely as the indicator on the side-switching between orange and white, to the old battery lasting an hour and a half to fifty minutes come April/May....