Windows 10: Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart

Discus and support Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am a longtime Windows 7 user who updated to 10 a few months ago. Ever since I updated, I get the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD after I manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by butterblum, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart

Hey guys, I am a longtime Windows 7 user who updated to 10 a few months ago. Ever since I updated, I get the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD after I manually shutdown or restart the computer. Does anyone have any insight into what causes this?
    I also have a very annoying issue, as my computer has begun to randomly shutdown at some point while I am not using it (usually during the wee hours of the morning while I am sleeping). This ruins my ability to use the PC as a media server. As far as I can tell, this began when I either A) began to tell the PC to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non-usage, B) began to overclock my GPU (ASUS GTX970) for gaming, or C) some random hardware failure that has just begun. I never had this issue with Windows 7.
    I also get this warning consistently in Event Viewer: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

butterblum, Nov 12, 2015
  2. stujbeard Win User

Lumia 950 xl, random crash writing on SD Card

I have the same issue but my phone ran perfectly for six months with the SD card before it started have random restart issues, I removed the SD card and still had random shut downs and restarts, I did a factory reset with and without the SD card and still
    had the same random shut downs and restarts.

What else is there I can do?

stujbeard, Nov 12, 2015
  3. StevePaup Win User
    Random shutdowns and restarts

All the current window updates have been installed with the latest being from1/25/17. What is puzzling to me with the updates, there are only 9 shown in the history list, they all used to be shown. So I can't see if there's been a driver installed before
    12/11/16. Is there somewhere in windows that will allow me to expand that list? Even in the control panel it shows on the 9 previous updates. Like I've said in my original post, this has to be from an update of software since we have 4 computers doing the
    exact same thing. And like I said in my previous post, they all seem to shutdown and restart during idle times. I've even reset my power management settings but that didn't help.

I will have to wait to do a clean boot over the weekend since I can't just sit here and wait for my computer to shutdown, too much work to do. I will let you know what happens over the weekend.

Thanks

StevePaup, Nov 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart

Hi butterblum,

I recommend to undo any overclocking while troubleshooting.

Uninstall ASUS software as it is known for causing BSOD's, not saying it is, just minimalizing the possible causes.

How come no hotfix update is installed?
    Windows 10 should install updates automatically
    Code: Hotfix(s): N/A[/quote] Any bypass on your system needs to be removed and related software.
    Troubleshooting a system with counterfeit programs is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit program contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing systems with counterfeit programs is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    Code: 127.0.0.1 www.libronix.net # Block Libronix update. 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com # Lightroom 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com # Lightroom[/quote] Forum rules
    When you have removed every bypass and related software, run the DM Log Collector again and upload the new zip, to prevent mistakes with the bypasses.

Thema:

Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart

1. Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart - Similar Threads - Random shutdown typical

2. BAD_POOL_CALLER error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD_POOL_CALLER error: Hello, for the past month I've been getting multiple BSOD such as kernel security check , system service exception, IRQL not less or equal, kernel auto boost invalid lock release, memory management, and just today I received BAD_POOL_CALLER. I've ran multiple ram test,...
  3. Random Unprompted Restarts/Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Unprompted Restarts/Shutdowns: Hi there, I've been having some issues that I'm not sure come from a hardware or software problem. For a few months now, my PC either triggers an instant reboot or shutdown, while I'm gaming or watching movies. Today I managed to stop the restart because I had some...
  4. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  5. Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting

Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting: Hi, Been trying to resolve this issue for years, recently picked up some new ram, but didn't seem to be the solution. It seems to happen most often when I turn my computer on, or if I restart it. I've taken to just leaving it on 24/7 as it seems if it boots up. For some...
  6. Random Shutdowns/Restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Shutdowns/Restarts: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Scar edition GL703GS, Windows 10 installed. Lately my machine has been shutting down randomly. I checked event viewer --> system for event ID 6008 for 'dirty shutdowns.' Here are the details XML - <Event...
  7. Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER

Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER: For the last few months I have been getting these random BSODs. All due to BAD_POOL_CALLER with Bug Check Code 0x000000c2. I ran MEMTEST for 24+ hours without any issues so there is no problem with the system memory. Then downloaded a utility (BlueScrenView) which analyzed...
  8. Bad_Pool_Caller Error, still getting it .

Bad_Pool_Caller Error, still getting it .: Hi guys so I followed the instructions and uninstalled Kapersky Antivirus. Still getting the Bad Pool Called Blue Screen now and again. Also finding I can not turn on my windows defender it just keeps turning it self back off again instantly. I have uploaded the dmp files....
  9. BAD_POOL_CALLER and BAD_POOL_HEADER at random moments

BAD_POOL_CALLER and BAD_POOL_HEADER at random moments: Hi guys, so I've not experienced a BSOD in quite a while but yesterday I got a BAD_POOL_CALLER (while browsing the internet) and today I got a BAD_POOL_HEADER (while playing the good old Stronghold Crusader HD). I've got the necessary information zipped up for you, but please...
  10. Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller": Over the past week or so I've been getting random BSODs with the error "Bad_Pool_Caller" out of the blue with no warning at all *Mad. Usually only happens 1-2 times a day after using my PC for a while (20-40 minutes), If I restart it after the crash it's usually fine for the...