Windows 10: Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?

Discus and support Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I boot the system up in the morning, sometimes there is a memory dump file that is time stamped at the last shutdown. Shutdowns are done with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamis, Apr 21, 2017.

1. jamis Win User

Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?

After I boot the system up in the morning, sometimes there is a memory dump file that is time stamped at the last shutdown. Shutdowns are done with no apps running, but with usual processes running. Shutdowns are done from the Windows pop up and there are no errors displayed prior to the system powering off. I'm just curious what would cause these seemingly random dumps. The occurrences predate v 1703, but I'm not sure just when I started noticing them. Thanks.

:)

jamis, Apr 21, 2017

2. Keep Getting Different BSOD (Playing games, spotify, searching the web, uploading, etc...)

I get DPS Watchdog Violation, Memory Management, Memory Dump, and critical process died. I get all of these at random and at different times. I have done the memory diagnostics but it saw no problems. Also, all my drivers are updated. Thanks

StevieCollier, Apr 21, 2017
  3. APPS CRASH IN WINDOWS 10

Hello,

have you restarted the computer after the apps has been installed? If not, please even shutdown it. Random Shutdown Memory Dumps:  Reasons? :)

Then you could check this:

-) start the app after the shutdown and check the behavior;

* if the app starts fine, work some days, open it, close it, then over and over again (with test purposes; I do not expect issue, it would work fine);

* if the app does not works fine, there are not too much options. You need to create a dump file for that process in the memory. This you could do using Task Manager (right click to the issued process -> Create dump file). The dump file should be with the
    size - the memory size, that the app use. If you could dump the process, I will provide you an e-mail to send the dump file to me with check purposes (also if you would like to do it alone, the program that should read it is Windbg).

Ivaylo Nikolov, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?

Hi jamis.

First off you need to enter the Event Viewer, and look for critical errors. Windows Key + S, type in event viewer, you should see at top of list. Click on it. In window that opens click on Windows logs to expand, then system logs. They are logged by date time.

You could also use Reliability history to see what is going on. Windows Key + S, type in reliability history. In window that opens concentrate on Red X's.

Finally you could access the BSOD section of the forum and follow instructions on very first post.

BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 10 Forums

Caledon Ken, Apr 22, 2017
  5. jamis Win User
    CK: Thanks for the quick and helpful response. I'll follow your advice as soon as another dump file shows up. Found nothing in the logs, so I'll see what shows up the next time.

jamis, Apr 22, 2017
  6. jamis Win User
    Finally had the two memory dump files from last night's shutdown. No events flagged and nothing in the reliability history. However, during shutdown, I saw two Windows apps that were not closing gracefully. They weren't up long enough to see what they were before they disappeared. I guess that was enough to trigger the memory dumps. On a related note: are all memory dumps reported to MS automatically?

jamis, Apr 28, 2017
  7. I do not believe so and it would certainly depend on your settings.

it is pretty normal for something to show up when you are shutting down and I guess the system forcing them could trigger.

Also interesting that they are not being logged. (Did you check all logs/)

Are you going to submit to the BSOD section of forum?

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  8. jamis Win User

Yes, I checked all logs and saw nothing regarding the dump files. Please help me understand the BSOD issue. I see no Blue Screen Of Death. Never have since upgrading to W10.

jamis, Apr 28, 2017
  9. While you don't get a BSOD my thinking is if you submit, those that read dumps may actually be able to tell what caused it.

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 29, 2017
  11. jamis Win User
    Thanks. I'll post them when the next set occurs.

jamis, Apr 29, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    They should be there now unless you have deleted them by running a program like CCleaner.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons? - Similar Threads - Random Shutdown Memory

2. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory dump: Il computer è stato riavviato da un controllo errori. Controllo errori: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000010, 0xffffc605d11dd028, 0xffffc605876cc09c, 0xffffc6058a77e1a0. I dettagli sono stati salvati in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. ID segnalazione:...
  3. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  4. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  5. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Memory Dump

Memory Dump: My computer has been creating more dump files lately. Can anyone help me to fix this?Thank you. 0:002> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  7. Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Dump: Hello, My system has been crashing several times in the past two hours and I don't know anything about memory dump. I've uploaded the memory dump files to onedrive. Can I have someone on here take a look at them? Isaiah...
  8. Memory Dump

Memory Dump: I am getting an blue screen and memory dump. Please can someone assist in resolving this matter, I keep on losing work and it is frustrating ******************************************************************************* *...
  9. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory dump: Does anyone have an idea what this means The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80f1d427218). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  10. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files: Hello, I have been fighting with my computer for about four weeks now, and I am not getting anywhere. In a nutshell, my computer started to randomly shut down and seldom reboot. There are no specific patterns I notice, except that when I try to find out what's going on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown memory dumps

2. Random memory dumps happen more frequently in Windows 10