Windows 10: Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

Discus and support Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let's hope it cures the bloody thing *Biggrin Computers, who needs 'em? I used to manage years ago with just a pager , especially getting called out at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aloupha, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

Let's hope it cures the bloody thing *Biggrin Computers, who needs 'em? I used to manage years ago with just a pager , especially getting called out at half past three in the morning *Mad Great idea, middle of knowhere, it goes off and all it displays is a telephone number. Yeh? now what? no mobile phones in them days..........

Torquemada, Oct 19, 2015
  2. Aloupha Win User

Okay, new PSU installed and the issue still happens. However, I now notice a pattern.

It shuts down during booting Windows (right before the Windows 10 logo) shows up. I press the power button, and it boots normally. Now, I am thinking it may be a Software issue, and if I reinstall windows it may be fixed. I am going to observe it for a few days before I do a reformat and do a fresh install.

Could it really be the issue was(is) both software and hardware?

Aloupha, Oct 24, 2015
  3. These ones can be a pain in the arse. I'd strip it down to the bare essentials 1 stick of Ram, no peripherals, no hdds.

Reset CMOS load defaults.

Boot it off a Live Linux again. Live Linux USBs are more convenient than CDs.

Download Rufus. Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way Make sure the correct flash drive is selected in Rufus and point it at your Linux ISO (Ubuntu is friendly)

The default Rufus settings should suffice and click Start. Boot off it and see how it goes.

Just had a thought leave the case side off and make sure the CPU fan is spinning up every time you start it. Long shot.

Torquemada, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Aloupha Win User

Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

I had left my case off since I installed the PSU.

I did a disk cleanup, and that seems to solve the issue. I hope that's the last I see this stupid issue.

Aloupha, Oct 24, 2015
  5. Let's hope so, maybe it got a bit scrambled with all the weird shutdowns its had. Best of luck !

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

1. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files - Similar Threads - Random Shutdown sometimes

2. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  3. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  4. Random Reboots with Windows 11: i7 13700k No BSOD, No Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Reboots with Windows 11: i7 13700k No BSOD, No Dump File: I have tried changing out just about everything: Disabled Fast Start in Windows and in BIOS; Changed PSU: Changed RAM: Performed Clean install of Windows: Rolled back GPU drivers: I can't think of anything else. the Event ViewerLast Event: - <Event...
  5. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  6. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  7. BSOD Memory Dump

BSOD Memory Dump: Just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 i5, 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM. I'm receiving BSOD's even after re-installing the OS Windows 10 Pro x64. I collected the dump file and need confirmation as the error appears to be hardware Memory related. Please analyse and advise. Link to DMP...
  8. PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory

PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory: Hello, i don't know if this is the right subsection, since my problem is the PC shutting down and rebooting, but without showing any BSOD. If it's not kindly move it to a more appropriate one please. I set the options for the memory dump as shown in the sticky thread, but...
  9. Random reboots with no dump file created

Random reboots with no dump file created: The problem is my computer randomly reboots out of nowhere. It happens both while gaming and while mostly idle. The frequency is around once a day or two. It began around a week ago when I switched from HDD to SDD and performed a clean Windows install. I don't know if it's...
  10. Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown Memory Dumps: Reasons?: After I boot the system up in the morning, sometimes there is a memory dump file that is time stamped at the last shutdown. Shutdowns are done with no apps running, but with usual processes running. Shutdowns are done from the Windows pop up and there are no errors displayed...