Windows 10: Random shutdown

Discus and support Random shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thosarttk, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Thosarttk Win User

Random shutdown

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down.

When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system.

This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you please help me?

:)

Thosarttk, Feb 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Feb 6, 2020
  3. random shutdowns?

All the shut downs have happened while I was just surfing the web. Oh and yes the Brisbane is an awesome chip for overclocking*Wink Random shutdown ;)

t77snapshot, Feb 6, 2020
  4. pbmaster Win User

Random shutdown

Random shutdowns

Right after I got everything back together and re-applying the HS and thermal paste, I've been getting random shutdowns. It's only been two so far, but I've just been sitting at the desktop. Any ideas?

pbmaster, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Random shutdown

1. Random shutdown - Similar Threads - Random shutdown

2. Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots: The hanging occurs after everything is closed. Even in the event manager, I can see "Operating System was stopped at xx:xx". When the hangs occurs, the screen is black with no signal, the CPU fan starts to spin faster and faster, meaning the CPU seems to be at 100%. This...
  3. Random shutdowns/crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shutdowns/crashes: For the past month, my laptop has been shutting down/crashing randomly. It would just go black while I'm working, and when I start it up it would be a fresh start and not a resume like sleep or hibernate. I thought it might be an overheating fan but that seems unlikely since...
  4. Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC started shuttingdown and restarting randomly (but mostly when I was idling), so I thought that my PSU was dying so I changed it. After changing it, the issue persists so I checked other components too and they're okay. I saw that there are...
  5. Random Windows 10 shutdown when not in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Windows 10 shutdown when not in use: Hello, Thank you for taking the time to solve is puzzling problem. Lately, since 6 month ago or so I've begun experiencing this problem where my computer shutsdown randomly. I began attempting to solve it by eliminating hardware problems. first, i ran verifier which stated...
  6. Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all: my laptop running windows 10 randomly shut down, and will not turn on at all and basically seems dead. At first I thought it maybe a thermal issue but after letting days pass still nothing, I doubt I overclocked it seeing as the only active process at the time was streaming...
  7. PC shutdown randomly and restart loop after last update kb4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC shutdown randomly and restart loop after last update kb4532693: Here is my computer hardware config Mother board: Asus Rog Strix z370-H with the bios updated Graphic Card: ROG STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K Battery: Corsair VS650 watts white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go 2x8Go DDR4 3200MHz Screen: 2...
  8. Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement: Hi, I recently replaced the dead battery in my Dell Latitude E6440 (Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362). I bought the battery on eBay for a lot less than Dell wanted to charge me but it seems to have an issue with ACPI in that the laptop randomly shuts down when in its docking...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns: I own 2 computers running Windows 10 Pro 1909, and one of the machines will randomly shutdown whether I'm using it or it's just sitting. I'm very experienced with Windows and have made sure all of my settings are set correctly. I have every update installed as well. Is this...
  10. Windows 10 Random Shutdown

Windows 10 Random Shutdown: Few weeks ago, I install Windows 10 Pro 1909 on my laptop. First few days with it I had no problem whatsoever. But, for past few days my Windows 10 shutdown randomly. It makes me really uncomfortable when working with my laptop. What should I do to fix this?...