Windows 10: Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure

Discus and support Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The problem I'm having is extremely unusual. It's not just that my PC shuts down randomly. It turns on randomly as well. That said, there's more to it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scoups, Mar 18, 2019.

1. scoups Win User

Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure

The problem I'm having is extremely unusual. It's not just that my PC shuts down randomly. It turns on randomly as well. That said, there's more to it than that. It shuts down as if I'd prompted it to shut down. If I leave an unsaved notepad document open, it stops the shutdown and asks if I'd like to save before shutting down. From there, I can cancel the shutdown and operation will continue as normal.

I've tried restoring and resetting windows, but unfortunately it gets to around 30% every time saying it cannot be done and reverts the changes.

Doing an sfc scan in command prompt worked for an entire week, or at the very least I'd gone a week without the issue cropping up again. When it appeared again, another sfc scan returned that no issues were found.

Short of reinstalling fresh, what else can I try first? If there's anyone else who's had this issue, what was the fix?

If this helps any, my version of Windows 10 was the free upgrade from 7 offered a few years ago. I've only done one reinstall since, from one HDD to an SSD.

:)

scoups, Mar 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Mar 18, 2019
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure

1. Random Shutdowns and Turn Ons But Not Indicative of Hardware Failure - Similar Threads - Random Shutdowns Turn

2. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  3. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  4. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  6. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit...
  7. random shutdown - This is a hardware memory error.

8. Hardware Failure

Hardware Failure: The last couple of days been having PC problems. In the mornings when watching a video the PC would freeze and a buzzing sounding. Then the PC would restart, no BSOD just restarted. This morning, turned on the monitor and was greeted with a "no signal' message on the scree....
  9. Laptop randomly shutdown with beep sound and charging indicator problem.

Laptop randomly shutdown with beep sound and charging indicator problem.: Hey, In few days my laptop is randomly shuts down with beep sound. It also have a battery indicater problem its turning contiously white and orange again and again, when it turns white is not charging then turns orange it's start charging. I also tried battery removal...
  10. Reliability monitor indicates failure

Reliability monitor indicates failure: Hello, today i checked the reliability monitor and saw the problem below.Does anybody know what this is for ?This happened twice today Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎03/‎01/‎2019 00:54 Status Not reported Description A problem with your...