Windows 10: Random shutdowns by Windows 10

Discus and support Random shutdowns by Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 keeps making random shutdowns. It says it needs to collect some info & will then restart itself for me,. That is as much as I can read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AS7734, Jul 18, 2019.

1. AS7734 Win User

Random shutdowns by Windows 10

Windows 10 keeps making random shutdowns. It says it needs to collect some info & will then restart itself for me,. That is as much as I can read before it shuts down. Win10 does this at random times, sometimes while I am playing a game, watching a video & when working on something. I have run the Admin CMD before & after these shutdowns, I even held the off button in, making a hard shutdown & ran the the recovery environment checking for errors etc.. There are not any errors reported & no files need to be fixed.

How do I stop Win10 from making these useless & annoying shutdowns?

:)

AS7734, Jul 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2019
  4. SadReshi Win User

Random Shutdowns

After waiting about 10 minutes, it did the random shutdown again. Powered it back on and checked, no minidump folder

SadReshi, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Random shutdowns by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random shutdowns

2. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  3. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  4. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  5. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  6. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  8. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  9. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

10. windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...

windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...: exactly what the title says, my windows computer for some reason, randomly without warning will completely shutdown without warning, no error pop up, nothing, before it gets stuck in a restart shutdown loop with me being unable to anything except shutdown the computer with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 20LW0008US random shutdowns