Windows 10: Random shutdowns to blue screen

Discus and support Random shutdowns to blue screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So,For the past month or so I have been getting numerous blue screen shutdowns.It is never when I am doing 1 certain thing. Literally just happens at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarrenAnthony, May 2, 2021.

1. Random shutdowns to blue screen

So,For the past month or so I have been getting numerous blue screen shutdowns.It is never when I am doing 1 certain thing. Literally just happens at random.Some days 3 or 4 times. Some days 10 or more times.The blue screen errors I have had areRandom shutdowns to blue screen :pfn_list_corruptUnexpected_kernel_mode_trapMemory_management System_service_exception System_thread_exception_not_handledCritical_process_diedIrql_not_less_or_equalAttempted_write_to_readonly_memoryKmode_exception_not_handledPage_fault_in_non_paged_areaKernel_security_check_faliureCache_managerCritical_structure_corruptionAttempted_execute_of_noexecute

:)

DarrenAnthony, May 2, 2021

2. Trying to diagnose random blue screens

This is a Windows 10 Professional desktop, built seven years ago. It is starting to fail, with almost daily blue screens, and I'm trying to guess what part is failing. The candiates are naturally the motherboard, a RAM stick, or a video card.

The errors are almost always different, and there is almost never a culprit announced. Here are some examples:

• MEMORY_MMANAGEMENT
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (mcdbus.sys)
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Eventually I will have to start removing all parts one by one, but I was wondering if these errors might suggest which part to check first.

Martin Argerami, May 2, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 2, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Random shutdowns to blue screen

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Random shutdowns to blue screen

1. Random shutdowns to blue screen - Similar Threads - Random shutdowns blue

2. Recurrent blue screen or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent blue screen or shutdown: Hi, For the past few weeks, I have experienced regular blue screen or my PC randomly shutting down without warning. I recently added an additional SSD drive, so I reset my C drive to factory settings. However, the problem still persists. My hypothesis is that the issue stems...
  3. Recurrent blue screen or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent blue screen or shutdown: Hi, For the past few weeks, I have experienced regular blue screen or my PC randomly shutting down without warning. I recently added an additional SSD drive, so I reset my C drive to factory settings. However, the problem still persists. My hypothesis is that the issue stems...
  4. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  5. Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Blue Screen Shutdowns: Hi everyone,These past few days I've been having BSOD errors, almost on a daily basis, and I can't pinpoint the problem. Initially I thought it was performance-related, since it tended to happen while gaming, but it has also occurred while performing tasks that are not as...
  6. Blue screen shutdown unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen shutdown unexpectedly: Hi, i am abhinav My windows suddenly shut down suddenlyIt's showing a blue screen with the message..."You're pc has ran into a problem..we'll collect some error info and restart it for you"...And also with the error code..'Attempted Execute of Noexcute Memory'Pls can anyone...
  7. Blue screen of death, then shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death, then shutdown: Just like the title says. Was playing minecraft when suddenly there’s a blue screen of death and then it shuts down almost immediately. no cursor,nothing just a black screen that won’t show anything even when the laptop’s on how do i fix this? submitted by...
  8. Blue Screen after Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Shutdown: Last night, I shut down my computer like I do every night. However, this morning when I got up and hit the power button on my pc, it posted and then I got into a blue screen loop, and nothing I did would allow me to boot into or fix Windows 10 Pro. Fortunately, my operating...
  9. Random blue screens of death of shutdown/restart

Random blue screens of death of shutdown/restart: On the occasional shutdown or restart, I get treated to a blue screen crash. I have reset windows 10 so am assuming it's a hardware issue. Dump: Dump Msinfo: Msinfo Any help would be great....
  10. Blue Screen on Shutdown

Blue Screen on Shutdown: Hi so I was shutting down my PC for tonight when all the sudden I got a blue screen. So I ran Who Crashed on reboot and I got this error. nt_wrong_symbols.sys KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I was able to successfully able to shutdown a second time with no issue. Oddly...