Windows 10: Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games

Discus and support Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this problem for about a week now, and it's keeping me from being able to play with my friends since then. While playing some more graphically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VeryBadAtComputers, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games

I've had this problem for about a week now, and it's keeping me from being able to play with my friends since then. While playing some more graphically demanding games, my laptop (Predator Helios 300) has been shutting itself down, going from the game to a black screen and nothing else. It will eventually reboot, but it does so in bursts where it will be on for a few seconds, then turn off again, then on again and so on. The two games in question I've seen this occurring with are The Blackout Club and Tabletop Simulator. I know it has NOT happened while playing Monster Prom. I looked at the system logs after the most recent one and got this:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 4/27/2019 2:09:07 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: LAPTOP-JNSTLRPT

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>6</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-04-27T21:09:07.375316300Z" />

<EventRecordID>9798</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>LAPTOP-JNSTLRPT</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I went on another thread and I saw a solution that involved checking the memory, as well as the power supply and if the computer is overheating. Everything seems in order, and all virus scans (including a boot time scan) came up clean. The memory was also fine. If anyone can help me figure out what this could be, I would be very appreciative.

:)

VeryBadAtComputers, Apr 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Apr 27, 2019
  3. random shutdowns?

All the shut downs have happened while I was just surfing the web. Oh and yes the Brisbane is an awesome chip for overclocking*Wink Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games ;)

t77snapshot, Apr 27, 2019
  4. shelmyth Win User

Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games

Kernal-power 142 Random shutdown

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you make any recent changes to the computer?
    • Does the issue occur on performing a specific action on the computer?

I did a hard reset on my laptop and I went to put McAfee back on and windows defender would no longer update at all, it kept trying to install an update for it but this could never be accomplished. I did an update last night after posting this plea for help
    and now windows defender updated and scanned.

The shutdown happens randomly I can be playing a game, or browsing online, or just sitting here with my computer on not touching it at all.

I did the troubleshooting like you suggested and it found no problems. I will run in safe mode for a few days and see if it happens again, but as I've said it is a random thing.

Thank you for your help

shelmyth, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games

1. Random Shutdowns while running Higher End Games - Similar Threads - Random Shutdowns while

2. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  3. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  4. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

5. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

8. Computer crashes randomly whiling running a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes randomly whiling running a game: I got World of Warcraft a while back and ever since then my PC would randomly crash while playing, no blue screen, no error code, nothing. I have troubleshot most hardware and software issues I could think of and still have had no luck. A very common Event Viewer error I have...
  9. Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games: I made a similar thread earlier but then the PC stopped acting so bad. The only thing I did was use DDU to uninstall nVidia drivers and reinstall an older version. Now I have changed my GPU from nVidia to AMD because of the same problem but the problem still persists. The...
  10. Poor gaming performance, with a higher-end computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor gaming performance, with a higher-end computer?: Just migrated from Sevenforums to here. Also updated my system specs. I'm lacking game performance despite having, I would consider, a decent system. Problem is the game temporarily freezing. I don't have FPS issues, just the game freezing and causing a 3 - 15 second delay...