Windows 10: Random shutoff

Discus and support Random shutoff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wanga, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Wanga Win User

Random shutoff

My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active though. What could be the cause of this?

:)

Wanga, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Skwhirl Win User

samsung focus shuts off or restarts at random

My Focus will restart or shutoff at random. I noticed it do it a few times when it was hot(It gets really warm where I live), and it had been being used for a while.

But other times it just happens for what appears to be no reason. Any ideas?

Thank you

Skwhirl, Sep 3, 2016
  3. why does my HTC 8x keep on turning off!?

It's been 3-4 days now. I've yet to have a random shutoff event, the phone has remained on (which is likely a record), and zero SIM related issues.

So far the tape appears to have helped. I will keep the readers of this forum posted (perhaps by the end of the week) with hopeful success of "The Tape Method."

-Carl-

cshannon53, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Random shutoff

1. Random shutoff - Similar Threads - Random shutoff

2. pc randomly shutoff and is stuck on a black screen with motherboard logo saying "preparing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly shutoff and is stuck on a black screen with motherboard logo saying "preparing...: The spinning wheel next to "preparing system repair" froze, regardless i let it sit for a couple hours. restarted pc and it didnt freeze but just kept spinning and would not let me continue to the blue recovery screen. i attempted to reset bios settings, boot into safe made,...
  3. pc randomly shutoff and is stuck on a black screen with motherboard logo saying "preparing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc randomly shutoff and is stuck on a black screen with motherboard logo saying "preparing...: The spinning wheel next to "preparing system repair" froze, regardless i let it sit for a couple hours. restarted pc and it didnt freeze but just kept spinning and would not let me continue to the blue recovery screen. i attempted to reset bios settings, boot into safe made,...
  4. Random Computor shutoffs during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Computor shutoffs during games: Hi so I have recently ran into a problem that causes my pc to get loud and then black screen and shut down completely and I looked my problem up and found out about dump logs if anyone can help me with...
  5. Random Computor shutoffs during games

Random Computor shutoffs during games: Hi so I have recently ran into a problem that causes my pc to get loud and then black screen and shut down completely and I looked my problem up and found out about dump logs if anyone can help me with...
  6. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  7. Random System Shutoff

Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  8. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  9. Random System Shutoff

Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  10. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging