Windows 10: Random shutoff

Discus and support Random shutoff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wanga, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Wanga Win User

Random shutoff

My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active though. What could be the cause of this?

:)

Wanga, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Skwhirl Win User

samsung focus shuts off or restarts at random

My Focus will restart or shutoff at random. I noticed it do it a few times when it was hot(It gets really warm where I live), and it had been being used for a while.

But other times it just happens for what appears to be no reason. Any ideas?

Thank you

Skwhirl, Sep 3, 2016
  3. why does my HTC 8x keep on turning off!?

It's been 3-4 days now. I've yet to have a random shutoff event, the phone has remained on (which is likely a record), and zero SIM related issues.

So far the tape appears to have helped. I will keep the readers of this forum posted (perhaps by the end of the week) with hopeful success of "The Tape Method."

-Carl-

cshannon53, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Random shutoff

1. Random shutoff - Similar Threads - Random shutoff

2. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...
  3. My computer beeps randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer beeps randomly.: My computer beeps randomly when I open, close or minimize tabs. 132989
  4. Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441): After recent Windows 10 update (I'm on version 1809, update KB 4494441) - occassionally, mouse and keyboard simultaneously freeze. The image keeps moving (e.g. mouse cursor is showing loading, or browser tab shows loading), but I cannot move/use either. I have looked at Event...
  5. Windows errors and resets during startup. Random freeze frames, especially during gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows errors and resets during startup. Random freeze frames, especially during gaming.: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎5/‎19/‎2019 1:40 PM Status Report sent Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 3b Parameter 1: c0000006 Parameter 2: fffff8027feb2e80 Parameter 3: ffff8c0c2ba281e0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17134...
  6. WIndows 10 freezes randomly when drawing using XP Pen Artist, Clip Studio Paint and play...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 freezes randomly when drawing using XP Pen Artist, Clip Studio Paint and play...: Source I notice windows freezes when I use Clip Studio Paint on my second monitor (XP Pen Artist 15.6 Pro) and my main monitor (Laptop Asus N580V) play Spotify or Video on Chrome. Mouse stopped, can't click, keyboard also not respond. But monitor still show image. I tried...
  7. Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working

Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working: I've using a Dell laptop for years and out of nowhere, both Ctrl keys stopped working. Sometimes if I mash it repeatedly, it'll start working for a few uses before failing again. I haven't done anything significant that I feel would cause this, it truly came out of nowhere....
  8. WIndows 10 freezes randomly when drawing using XP Pen Artist, Clip Studio Paint and play...

WIndows 10 freezes randomly when drawing using XP Pen Artist, Clip Studio Paint and play...: Source I notice windows freezes when I use Clip Studio Paint on my second monitor (XP Pen Artist 15.6 Pro) and my main monitor (Laptop Asus N580V) play Spotify or Video on Chrome. Mouse stopped, can't click, keyboard also not respond. But monitor still show image. I tried...
  9. Random copying of unknown files while playing Rainbow six seige and CMD program continually...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random copying of unknown files while playing Rainbow six seige and CMD program continually...: I was playing some Rainbow six seige and nothing was out of the ordinary. I had been playing for over an hour and nothing was wrong. Then mid match my game was minimized. In the background I saw a copying files program running that I had not commanded to run or as a mater...
  10. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermarked appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case. I have not done any hardware changes, and this...