Windows 10: Random shutoff

Discus and support Random shutoff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wanga, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Wanga Win User

Random shutoff

My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active though. What could be the cause of this?

:)

Wanga, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Skwhirl Win User

samsung focus shuts off or restarts at random

My Focus will restart or shutoff at random. I noticed it do it a few times when it was hot(It gets really warm where I live), and it had been being used for a while.

But other times it just happens for what appears to be no reason. Any ideas?

Thank you

Skwhirl, Sep 3, 2016
  3. why does my HTC 8x keep on turning off!?

It's been 3-4 days now. I've yet to have a random shutoff event, the phone has remained on (which is likely a record), and zero SIM related issues.

So far the tape appears to have helped. I will keep the readers of this forum posted (perhaps by the end of the week) with hopeful success of "The Tape Method."

-Carl-

cshannon53, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Random shutoff

1. Random shutoff - Similar Threads - Random shutoff

2. Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago: I have been working on a computer that has been experiencing random freezing/BSOD anywhere from once a week to 5+ in one day. It's a Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and was running fine up until somewhere around the second week of May. No USB devices/any other...
  3. Windows 10 theme: rollback to original random Wallpaper/lock screen with location information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 theme: rollback to original random Wallpaper/lock screen with location information: Hi Until very recently, I had CAS Viewer displaying art images in the background. Yet, I removed it and updated Windows 10 so that I could restore or rollback to that theme that displays images randomly I guess from the cloud, changes from times to times and that comes...
  4. External SSD randomly disconnects with out warning. Not due to a loose port but Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External SSD randomly disconnects with out warning. Not due to a loose port but Windows.: I have a SABERENT external NVME enclosure holding a Evo 970. After a while it will just disconnect. When I click on the hidden icons thing it will appear for a second then disappear and give a windows malfunction error. I have tested it on another Windows computer and a Mac...
  5. Windows 10 volume Randomly changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume Randomly changes: This issue started with the last windows update which i tried to stop but of course did nothing. The issue happens any time on any app or program i will be minding my own businesses and the audio will either turn up to what seems the loudest it can get, i cant change the...
  6. can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters: why does my backup exclude the long files made up of random numbers and letters? What are they? I did not create them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-backup-long-files-named-with-random/14fc2dfa-76b4-46b4-bc65-837bd1d5a79a
  7. Window/App randomly closes if I accidentally click somewhere around top of the window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window/App randomly closes if I accidentally click somewhere around top of the window: I'm on a laptop, so why does this happen, is Windows 10 just trying to give me cancer? How do I turn it off? Why is this is a function when I already have the X button? As well as the option of right clicking the app on the taskbar and closing it that way, why do I need...
  8. Netflix causing random BSODS invalid kernel stack address, Page Fault in non paged Area,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix causing random BSODS invalid kernel stack address, Page Fault in non paged Area,...: Hello, Recently I have been having BSOD while watching Netflix. It happens after roughly 40 to 50 minutes of active watching anything on it. I have figured out it is probably something software related since I tested my hardware and it passed RAM was left overnight on a...
  9. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard buttons typing randomly: My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!...
  10. Random Output Shutoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Output Shutoff: So I was minding my own buisness, and typing up a document when suddenly my fan starts spinning really fast then goes back to normal, and my monitor says "No Input". I wait for 5 minutes but nothing happens, so I reboot my computer via power button, and everything goes back...