Windows 10: random shutting down to install an update?

Discus and support random shutting down to install an update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; does windows always ask before randomly shutting down to install an update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by corrlines, Jun 13, 2021.

1. corrlines Win User

random shutting down to install an update?

does windows always ask before randomly shutting down to install an update?

:)

corrlines, Jun 13, 2021

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 13, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 13, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond random shutting down to install an update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. random shutting down to install an update? - Similar Threads - random shutting down

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Shut Downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shut Downs: Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a...
  6. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  7. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  8. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  9. PC randomly shuts down with no notification to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC randomly shuts down with no notification to update?: I just got my pc a few months ago and lately when i'm just using it normally the screen turns to black all my apps shut down and suddenly i hear my PC being really loud like it's over clocking. It does this sometimes for 20 minutes straight and i have no idea what's...
  10. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...