Windows 10: Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers)

Discus and support Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, this happened two weeks ago. almost 30 percent of images on facebook will not load. some web sites or pages will not load, for example... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by behnood, Nov 14, 2015.

1. behnood Win User

Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers)

Hi,
    this happened two weeks ago. almost 30 percent of images on facebook will not load. some web sites or pages will not load, for example https://www.heroku.com. for this site I'm getting SSL connection error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome. I try http and I get a blank page. I tried opening this site on Firefox, Edge and still the same. The same goes for Facebook. I tried on other browsers and still some images wont load. I do not have a third party antivirus/firewall. tried disabling windows defender ( including firewall) and still the same.
    I have two VMs , Win 8 and Ubuntu 14.04. everything is working fine on these two VMs. so I'm quite sure something is wrong with my Win 10 but cannot think of anything. I was thinking it is most probably a firewall issue, so I'm posting in Security section.
    anyone has any idea what to do?

:)

behnood, Nov 14, 2015

2. Browsers won't load any content

All of my browsers will not load any webpages whatsoever. It just sits loading forever. This happens with FireFox, Chrome, and Edge. There were no changes to my computer prior to this. However, on sites like YouTube, pages will load but videos won't.

JRHJohnson, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Radio/Selection buttons not working IE windows phone 8

A few more sites that do not work at all in the IE browser on the Lumia:

m.wfs.co.za (Does not display the contents at all) - works in all other browsers (I dont test with Android and Apple as I do not use those devices by choice).

m.sarugbymag.co.za (wont load the complete site, just gets stuck on Loading page) - works in all other browsers.

Lionel Schotter, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers)

TairikuOkami, Nov 14, 2015
  5. behnood Win User
    Thank you. changed my DNS to Google's and everything is working now.
    What I'm wondering about is that if I uninstall Chrome, everything is fine. so apparently on Win 10 when we install Chrome, we need to set the DNS to Google's also.

behnood, Nov 14, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
    I'm not clear where you changed your DNS settings, e.g. the adapter or router
    However, I don't believe any browser is contingent on a particluar DNS setting
    I use OpenDNS and have used Edge (ahem), IE, Chrome and Firefox all without any issue whatsoever

robgr, Nov 14, 2015
  7. behnood Win User
    I changed the my network adapter settings and applied Google's DNS. it was good for a few minutes however. my problem seems to be Chrome. I tried uninstalling chrome and all other browsers starting working fine. a very strange and frustrating situation.
    I get Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED intermittently for pages and images on facebook!
    I'm still trying to find a solution for this in Chrome Forums.

behnood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers)

1. Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers) - Similar Threads - Random sites pages

2. Why Do All Browsers i have installed reload the page right after it loads the page?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Do All Browsers i have installed reload the page right after it loads the page?: This started last year, first only with Chrome. Now its doing it will all browsers. I have uninstalled them and reinstalled them. They do the same every time I visit a webpage Some times it will reload a different version of the same page. Browsers I have installed are:...
  3. Site won't Load

Site won't Load: I play on pogo.com and the site loaded and worked Friday afternoon however yesterday I keep getting this message signin.ea.com took too long to respond. I have clear cookies & cache, rebooted my rooter and nothing works. The game site says its a microsoft update problem...
  4. Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages

Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages: Hi, I've had my computer for around 4 years. I've never seen this problem before. About 3 weeks ago, I started experiencing internet problems on my computer. It started not being able to join Minecraft servers. It gave me an error. But then I could only open Youtube. Then,...
  5. windows won't open to my site, keeps on loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows won't open to my site, keeps on loading: I am trying to edit my resume and when I click to edit resume windows just keeps trying to locate it and won't connect. show loading continously...
  6. Browsers not loading pages on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers not loading pages on Windows 10 PC: I have Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browsers on my Windows 10 PC. However, since yesterday, none of these browsers appear to be working. In each case, pages simply do not load. All I get is a message saying : "This page cannot be displayed". Why is that so?...
  7. Chrome Browser Page Loading Errors

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Page Loading Errors: I have used Chrome for a number of years now with no issues. But last night an issue popped up and I'm not sure what I need to do to try to fix it. When I go to a new page it only halfway loads. I have to refresh in order for it to fully load. You can imagine how annoying it...
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page: When I pin a site with IE, such as Google, the logo displays. When I pin to Start with Edge it does not. A great feature lost unless there is a fix. The Microsoft.com site is one that does not display with Edge. 19555
  9. Google won't load in any browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Google won't load in any browser?: Hey everyone, Just a few hours ago, I have started experiencing a problem in which Google will no longer load. I have already tried the following: Scanning my computer with MalwareBytes and removing all detected malware Renaming my 'hosts' file to 'hosts.old' Using...
  10. Some Sites and NO facebook games loading in any browser

Some Sites and NO facebook games loading in any browser: I have upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my laptop and I was able to access all the sites before the update. I know have defender and firewall disabled but no change. Some sites still not loading and none of the facebook games load at all. It says to check my network...