Windows 10: Random sleep/BSOD

Discus and support Random sleep/BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this issue through multiple clean windows installs on the same laptop. My screen randomly goes black or laptop goes to sleep when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Som11_, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Som11_ Win User

Random sleep/BSOD

I've been having this issue through multiple clean windows installs on the same laptop. My screen randomly goes black or laptop goes to sleep when it is being used and sometimes it also gives a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I've searched everwhere and I can't find someone with this same problem.

My guess is that windows is installing a broken driver automatically through windows update or maybe its me. I have tried DDU with no success.

The issue seems to happen more often when its on my lap, which could mean a hardware problem but I've had it happen sitting at my desk too.

Here is a 7zip file of everything that should be needed to find the problem: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9vvq2X6QOAgZUAHwKPSL6bqMZBtg?e=wNCiAR

Thank you in advance for the help, im normally the one helping others with computer problems but I've had this haunt me for a few months so im asking for a little hand in finding out what's wrong with my own pc!

:)

Som11_, Dec 28, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Random sleep/BSOD

RickMcKenney, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Random sleep/BSOD

1. Random sleep/BSOD - Similar Threads - Random sleep BSOD

2. Random bsod probably after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsod probably after sleep: Hello !MoboAB350M-D3HF52G biosWindows 10 proBsodINTERNAL_POWER_ERRORntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+56a875 fffff804`3cc00000 fffff804`3dc46000 0x01046000 0xc103e0da 12.08.2072 22:47:38 What can cause problem?Already run sfc/scannow chkdsk dism and etc.Here is the link to minidump...
  3. Random bsod probably after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsod probably after sleep: Hello !MoboAB350M-D3HF52G biosWindows 10 proBsodINTERNAL_POWER_ERRORntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+56a875 fffff804`3cc00000 fffff804`3dc46000 0x01046000 0xc103e0da 12.08.2072 22:47:38 What can cause problem?Already run sfc/scannow chkdsk dism and etc.Here is the link to minidump...
  4. Random bsod probably after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD coming out of Sleep Windows 20H2

Random BSOD coming out of Sleep Windows 20H2: Let me first say, I have done all the usual recommendations. Update to latest drivers, Memtest, Windows Update... Memtest shows no errors, Windows Update is now 20H2. SFC shows no errors, same with CHKDSK.Device: HP Pavilion 15-CS2xxx series I-7-8565U, 24Gb, 4Gb NVidia, 480...
  6. BSOD with random messages when goes sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD with random messages when goes sleep: Hi, My mini dump files link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhIwwp_GKaNw8EwtLZSaQNt52qxG?e=ZeIdMP It is a Dell H520s with Samsung 840EVO SSD. My issue is BSOD after wake up. This can happen on start-up screen or on desktop. It is a random and I have tried all the solutions I...
  7. Random BSOD/crash when going to sleep

Random BSOD/crash when going to sleep: My computer is running Windows 10 1903, and every few days when I left the laptop all night sleep or just left it when it is on, I have random crashes. At 4 am this morning I get up and found the laptop is not in the sleep state and when I tried to make the laptop sleep, the...
  8. Random BSOD when going to sleep

Random BSOD when going to sleep: My computer is running Windows 10 1903, and every few days when I left the laptop all night sleep or just left it when it is on, I have random crashes. At 4 am this morning I get up and found the laptop is not in the sleep state and when I tried to make the laptop sleep, the...
  9. Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random

Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random: I've been dealing with this issue for a couple months. At first I thought it was memory related since my memory failed a memtest and was replaced, but now I'm running into bug checks with the following values: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS...
  10. Random BSOD - Occured When Waking from Sleep

Random BSOD - Occured When Waking from Sleep: See attached. Thanks for your help! 74236